Oculus Rift - experimental support

rockandrole18

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#661 Post by rockandrole18 » 20 Dec 2017 18:24

@FormelLMS
Do you mean the key that switches the view to VR or the key that resets the position? F11 is the one that switches the view to VR.
It's possible to change it to another key, including a key on a steering wheel. In your documents folder, there should be a folder named "Euro Truck Simulator 2" (or "American Truck Simulator" if you play ATS), in it you should find a folder named 'profiles' and then a folder with a long string of capital letters and numbers. There you should see a file named 'controls.sii' - open it with Notepad, press Ctrl+F and find "mix menustereo" (without quotes); in the same line there should be this: 'keyboard.f12?0' . Replace it with a different key value, look around the file to see possible values. For example in order to assign it to the "DEL" key, you need, you need to replace the previous value with: `keyboard.del?0`. If you want to change it to a key on a steering wheel/gamepad/joystick, then the key should be called `joy.b<NUM>?0` replace <NUM> with the number of the key. If you have any key diagram/software that comes with your controller (steering wheel), you should find the right key number for the desired key button in it. If you want to change the key that resets the view in VR (by default F12), it's called "mix headreset" (without quotes). It's the same procedure as written above.

FormelLMS

#662 Post by FormelLMS » 21 Dec 2017 09:16

Quote removed.

Well, many thanks to you. This helps a lot.
Last edited by Flemming V on 21 Dec 2017 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Don't quote post right above.

Komat
SCS Software

#663 Post by Komat » 22 Dec 2017 17:13

The oculus betas of both ETS2 and ATS are now compatible with the current WoTr event.

rockandrole18

#664 Post by rockandrole18 » 22 Dec 2017 20:20

@FormelLMS - it's no problem mate.

@Komat Thank you very much for the update. Much appreciated

dhrto

#665 Post by dhrto » 25 Dec 2017 16:05

Komat wrote:
22 Dec 2017 17:13
The oculus betas of both ETS2 and ATS are now compatible with the current WoTr event.
Much appreciated, thank you for the update. I'm off delivering gifts now :D

Demosthenes

#666 Post by Demosthenes » 31 Dec 2017 23:29

Are there any plans to change the lack of head tracking within the camera views of ETS2 ? There seems to be one camera, the side view where you can see the driver, that does have it and the rest do not.

It makes the heavy cargo dlc and similar a lot less appealing to buy when there is no real way to enjoy the outside view.

Perhaps there is a mod or ini setting I can try or a alternative camera option?

Wrighty

#667 Post by Wrighty » 08 Jan 2018 15:23

Demosthenes wrote:
31 Dec 2017 23:29
Are there any plans to change the lack of head tracking within the camera views of ETS2 ? There seems to be one camera, the side view where you can see the driver, that does have it and the rest do not.

It makes the heavy cargo dlc and similar a lot less appealing to buy when there is no real way to enjoy the outside view.

Perhaps there is a mod or ini setting I can try or a alternative camera option?
I use the developer camera to move around the truck with special transport jobs. Can use the number pad and mouse to move and the mouse scroll wheel to speed up or slow down.
Works great.

Soilingcomic

#668 Post by Soilingcomic » 09 Jan 2018 07:43

So if I understand correctly there's no head tracking when in VR in ETS2? And only Oculus is supported?
What can I do with my HTC Vive setup, G29 and Playseat in the other room? I have no mouse/keyboard near it and no display. Dependent on menus etc being accessible in VR.

Am I fooked?

IonutL

#669 Post by IonutL » 09 Jan 2018 09:31

On the first page of this thread is explained what VR devices the game supports and how to make them run.
The game has 8 presetted cameras that you can switch to using the 1 to 8 number buttons. The cameras that can be moved through mouse control and/or head movement are the interior camera (default 1), the back above exterior camera (default 2) and the looking back outside the window camera (default 5).
There is another tool camera, the one that Wrighty talks about above your message, which can only be enabled through editing a config file. That one (default 9) allows a much better control of what you can see, but it can be used to its full potential only when having also a keyboard.

Soilingcomic

#670 Post by Soilingcomic » 09 Jan 2018 12:22

Thanks, I saw only info about Oculus there so I lost hope. Will try to understand and make it run.

Return to “General discussion about game”