VR - experimental support

plykkegaard

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#1781 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jul 2021 09:22

Nevermind, enjoy the game :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
big_carrot

#1782 Post by big_carrot » 15 Jul 2021 09:32

Unfortunately it's still broken on my main, modded profile (before, it was also reproducible on an unmodded profile). I can't quite figure out what's causing it. If I figure it out, I'll share what it was.

Edit: It could be a config-related issue - I can reproduce it on my main profile even when I remove all the mods.

Edit: I'm at a complete loss. Copying my config to a clean profile doesn't result in a crash. It seems to now be specifically related to this profile, which I'm sure you can understand, I'd rather not give up.
Madkine
Global moderator

#1783 Post by Madkine » 15 Jul 2021 09:46

We understand that, can you post a full game log to pastebin after a crash?

Also a seperate one from that profile where you've removed mods.

Just because both crashed, doesn't mean they have the same cause.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
big_carrot

#1784 Post by big_carrot » 15 Jul 2021 09:54

Sure, I will do. Just realised in all the fuss, I've lost some savegames, because of course I would...

---

From my main profile:

The last entry in game.crash.txt - let me know if you need any more, the full file's quite big https://pastebin.com/vSnUy0gd
game.log.txt - there's a lot of errors resulting from missing mods I'm afraid https://pastebin.com/TFX6LX72

The unmodded profile (in a different home directory) is now exhibiting the issue
Here's its game.log.txt https://pastebin.com/eQPSxUTY
And the game.crash.txt https://pastebin.com/6j1riSc3

Can repost this as a bug report if you'd like.

---

It's related to a graphics setting. I set it to the 'Low' preset and it works fine. I'll try and narrow it down.

---

... Can't figure it out. Either way, it's gone now. Probably should've tried that first, rather than getting all worked up over it. Hope the info I've provided is of some use.

---

It seems the problem might be having advanced graphics setting enabled.

---

Okay, call me superstitious, but so far, toggling vsync and 'keep route adviser hidden', and switching to another graphics preset, before I switch truck, prevents the CTD. Whether any of these are even related to the issue, I don't know.
Akquar

#1785 Post by Akquar » 18 Jul 2021 09:00

Uxot wrote: 31 Jan 2021 08:04 I can't find a way to get rid of the slow-fast motion (kinda like rubber-banding effect)..

With Oculus i could Force ASW to 45 FPS and it would fix it..but with SteamVR it seems changing any settings doesn't affect anything >_<

Posts merged - Don't double post - Rule 2.5

"If you have reprojection set to "auto" and get bad rubber-banding when reprojection is toggled on/off you can try changing the line uset t_averaging_window_length "20" to uset t_averaging_window_length "0" (change "20" to "0") in the config.cfg file in your Documents\American Truck Simulator directory which might help reduce or eliminate the rubber-banding effect."

This might help need to test it out!
I made an account just to say thank you for this advice. I was giving up on ETS2 VR due to the rubber banding, cities was a complete mess. I have a decent processor (9900KF @5Ghz) and a monster GPU (EVGA 3080Ti FTW Ultra). Nothing I did seems to improve the rubber banding. I now run smooth as butter on 1.6 SS and adaptive ASW set in Oculus tray tool on my Rift-S, with all ingame setting to High/Ultra and a bunch of visual mods active.
Some one should pin that Config change in this treat, it is truly live changing, thanks again for the advice :)
plykkegaard

#1786 Post by plykkegaard » 18 Jul 2021 09:15

You could put the configuration in your signature with a link to the original post

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
PatricideVR

#1787 Post by PatricideVR » 18 Jul 2021 14:43

After the latest update of 6GB to 1.41 I cannot drive anymore. The menus all load fine. When I start a job or want to drive, the game crashes. The window disappears from the desktop as well, although the process is still running in the background using a little CPU. My logs are attached.
I don't have any mods, just quite some DLC content.

Edit: just created a new profile and that works. However, of course I don't want to ditch my progress :cry:
Attachments
game.log.txt
(50.14 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
game.crash.txt
(221.05 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Last edited by PatricideVR on 18 Jul 2021 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
JonDadley

#1788 Post by JonDadley » 18 Jul 2021 15:30

Akquar wrote: 18 Jul 2021 09:00
Uxot wrote: 31 Jan 2021 08:04 I can't find a way to get rid of the slow-fast motion (kinda like rubber-banding effect)..

With Oculus i could Force ASW to 45 FPS and it would fix it..but with SteamVR it seems changing any settings doesn't affect anything >_<

Posts merged - Don't double post - Rule 2.5

"If you have reprojection set to "auto" and get bad rubber-banding when reprojection is toggled on/off you can try changing the line uset t_averaging_window_length "20" to uset t_averaging_window_length "0" (change "20" to "0") in the config.cfg file in your Documents\American Truck Simulator directory which might help reduce or eliminate the rubber-banding effect."

This might help need to test it out!
I made an account just to say thank you for this advice. I was giving up on ETS2 VR due to the rubber banding, cities was a complete mess. I have a decent processor (9900KF @5Ghz) and a monster GPU (EVGA 3080Ti FTW Ultra). Nothing I did seems to improve the rubber banding. I now run smooth as butter on 1.6 SS and adaptive ASW set in Oculus tray tool on my Rift-S, with all ingame setting to High/Ultra and a bunch of visual mods active.
Some one should pin that Config change in this treat, it is truly live changing, thanks again for the advice :)
Thanks for highlighting this, I just made the change myself and it seems to have had a big effect on stuttering. Thanks!
StrelokHD

#1789 Post by StrelokHD » 18 Jul 2021 18:46

ybradette wrote: 11 Jul 2021 00:11 Hi all, I'm using a Quest 2 with 3080 GPU and game runs great but oddly enough, when I turn my head I get warping/distortion in the headset. Looking straight ahead or another direction and I'm fine. Just when swinging my head around.

I didn't mod the config.cfg and with the Oculus debug tool, I've got the ASW disabled and curvature to low and with these, all other SteamVR games including MSFS 2020 are just running fine with no distortion.

Could help me out? does this sound familiar?

thanks!
Unfortunately, i can confirm this issue with 1.41.
Quest 2 + 3090, almost same setup.
Game is unplayable due to nausea this distortion brings.
With external camera everything is ok.
In 1.40 everything was fine.
Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks!

EDIT:
OMG, this is a weird one!
So, this bug affects only specific truck, the one you load into first time (in my case it was Western Star 49X)
Every other truck works fine, but if you switch back to this specific truck distortion effect is still there.
Workaround to this bug is to get new stock truck (but same model is yours "distorted" one) and copy your tuning to it. After that you can sell your original truck. This is reeeeeally weird, but it works.
Madkine
Global moderator

#1790 Post by Madkine » 19 Jul 2021 10:05

@PatricideVR Long shot, but try setting this to 0 in your config file:

uset cf_asus_aura "0"
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “General discussion about the game”