Don't change controls mid-delivery...

uk dry

Don't change controls mid-delivery...

#1 Post by uk dry » 05 Jul 2014 00:22

Managed to use AMD's DVR feature to capture the moment where changing my controls mid delivery caused me to crash horribly on the motorway.
Axel Slingerland

Re: Don't change controls mid-delivery...

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 05 Jul 2014 06:38

I just bought a G27 and have been setting the keys up, etc., for days and never had that happen. Not to mention, the video doesn't show you changing anything. Are you sure that changing controls is what caused that?
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
uk dry

#3 Post by uk dry » 05 Jul 2014 07:40

Oh don't get me wrong, it was all my error.

I'd just recently changed my right click to right indicate as opposed to free look with the camera, so when I held down the RMB (which I was still used to it moving the camera) and moved the mouse to the right to look out the truck window I just veered straight into the barrier, hence why the right indicator comes on just before. It's all my fault, I just wasn't used to my new controls yet! :lol:
CriticalT

#4 Post by CriticalT » 05 Jul 2014 09:08

Truck Crash Investigators: this should be a Topic on it's own. People sending in videos of accidents, as a challenge for others to comment what happened

Note: it's impossible to comment from the video which keys you use as one can assign any key to any function

Now: you're driving Scania, right hand drive, automatic in top gear, average weight trailor. Smooth steering indicate you're steering with the mouse
Leading up to accident: doing 56mph, steadily loosing speed to 52mph at accident. Also a car on the left being cut off, it backed off, but possible distracting you from your new controls setup.
Accident: the right indicator signal and immediate hard swing to the right. Just after the accident you flashed the headlights

What you were hoping to do
1. accelate
2. brake? unlikely, flat rd, no turns
3. camera pan - unlikely, good mirrors
4. gear down - no, automatic

My guess is that that you had the mouse right button as accelaration, but change it to Right indicator.
Mistery remains as to why the violent turn to Right, apart from freeking out

EDIT: ahh, you're too quick with solution
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 05 Jul 2014 11:07

Good idea on the forum topic. You should post that in the Forum Wishlists and Suggestions forum. We could start with this video... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
thebigbadonion

#6 Post by thebigbadonion » 05 Jul 2014 12:21

LOL! the worst thing, is using a wireless controller. (I use a the 360 controller...too cheap to buy a steering wheel) Sometimes the batt will die on you, for some reason the game takes steering input when it does, and just sends you straight in to a barrier. Happened to me quite a few times now lol.
uk dry

#7 Post by uk dry » 06 Jul 2014 15:09

CriticalT wrote:EDIT: ahh, you're too quick with solution
Sorry! You were close though - just I did want to look out my window, it's sort of a habit. Even with good mirrors I like to see completely what's going on.

LMB changed to Left Indicator
RMB changed to Right Indicator (from free camera)
MMB changed to Free Camera

Return to “Videos”