Volvo introducing I-Save

rookie_one

Volvo introducing I-Save

#1 Post by rookie_one » 07 Mar 2019 09:53

It'S weird to see Volvo now backport something from the american market to the european one!
https://www.volvotrucks.com/en-en/news/ ... %20release

Demand for transportation across Europe is growing and trucks are covering increasingly longer distances. At the same time, transport operators are faced with rising diesel prices putting pressure on profitability.

“Volvo FH with I-Save is our answer to this challenge. It is a complete solution that combines our latest technology to substantially bring down fuel consumption in long-haul operations. And this is without compromising drivability,” says Roger Alm, President of Volvo Trucks.

At the core of Volvo FH with I-Save is the new, state-of-the-art D13TC – Volvo Trucks’ most fuel-efficient long-haul engine to date. It features pistons with a patented wave-shaped interior that improves combustion and increases efficiency by guiding heat and energy to the centre of the cylinders. Excess energy in the exhaust gases is then used to power the engine through an additional turbine in the exhaust flow, called the Turbo Compound unit.
New Volvo FH with I-Save

The D13TC engine produces up to 300 Nm extra torque, which means less acceleration and fuel is needed to keep a steady speed in highway traffic. It is the ideal solution for long-haul customers.

Other features of I-Save include new fuel-efficient rear axles, an updated map-based I-See system that analyses and adapts to gradients ahead and includes gear-shifting software optimised for long-haul applications. The combined efficiency gains of all these products and services can result in fuel-cost savings by up to 7% compared to a D13 Euro 6 Step D engine*.

“We have tailored every aspect of I-Save to suit long-haul operators, especially those that typically drive more than 120,000 km per year,” says Mats Franzén, Powertrain Strategy Director at Volvo Trucks. “The longer they drive, the more they can potentially save. It is a powerful engine which delivers a highly fuel efficient and smooth driving experience.”

Volvo FH with I-Save will be available to order from March 11, 2019 in European markets.

*D13TC Euro 6 step D with the Long Haul Fuel Package (I-Save) vs. D13 eSCR Euro 6 step D without the Long Haul Fuel Package. Actual fuel economy will vary depending on many factors, such as use of cruise control, vehicle specification, vehicle load, actual topography, the driver’s driving experience and weather conditions.

Facts
Every feature of I-Save has been designed to cut fuel costs.

Included in the Volvo FH with I-Save:

D13TC (Turbo Compound) 460 hp (2 600 Nm) or 500 hp (2 800 Nm) engine
New, highly fuel-efficient rear axles
Engine idle shutdown
I-Cruise with I-Roll, which adjusts speed to keep down fuel consumption
Power Steering Pump with Variable Displacement
Updated I-See
Updated I-Shift with long-haul optimised software
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here

Return to “Real world”