Volvo unveil XXL cabin for the FH

rookie_one

Volvo unveil XXL cabin for the FH

#1 Post by rookie_one » 06 May 2019 12:45

http://www.primemovermag.com.au/news/ar ... er-xxl-cab
An all-new FH Globetrotter XXL cab will be launched by Volvo for the upcoming Brisbane Truck Show it was announced today.

The commercial vehicle manufacturer has responded to market demand with the supersized version of its FH cab.

It has re-engineered the XL Globetrotter cab by moving the rear wall back 250mm to create a truck that delivers on space and comfort.

The bed, which comes with a new innerspring mattress, is 130mm longer and 250mm wider than a regular Volvo FH.

Volvo claims an adjustable reclining section adapts to the body shape of the occupant, to enhance overall comfort for drivers on rest stops and managing fatigue.

Tony O’Connell, Vice President of Volvo Trucks Australia said Australia was one of a few select markets to offer the all-new XXL cab which had been designed with local conditions in mind.

“We listened to our customers and developed a truck that delivers world-class driver comfort and is a home away from home when drivers are out on the road," he said.

“A well-rested driver is safer and happier and the bigger bed and space to stretch out will help ensure a well-rested sleep," said O'Connell.

Extra C-pillars have been added to ensure the cab is strong enough to meet Volvo’s stringent Swedish Cab Strength Test safety standards and the latest European Cab Strength ECE R29-03 which now includes roll over simulations.

The XXL has also been designed with fuel efficiency in mind. The cab maintains the FH Globetrotter’s aerodynamic and fuel-efficient shape and has been constructed using galvanised sheet metal and other carefully selected materials, to increase the space with minimal extra weight.

“We wanted to design a bigger cab that has the strength to withstand Volvo’s front impact tests, but without adding too much weight,” said O’Connell.

“It is big on size and comfort, big on safety and is supported by the biggest dealer network in Australia and New Zealand. The Volvo FH XXL ticks all the boxes.”
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
W4X

Re: Volvo unveil XXL cabin for the FH

#2 Post by W4X » 06 May 2019 12:58

I do hope SCS would implement this if it does get launched.
[ external image ]
Do Not Disturb
Asphroxia

#3 Post by Asphroxia » 06 May 2019 13:10

It should get launched, you can order them from the 11th week and onward
DKDBEM4

#4 Post by DKDBEM4 » 06 May 2019 13:30

Would be a Nice addition for sure!
rookie_one

#5 Post by rookie_one » 07 May 2019 06:50

Look like it's Australia only though
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
natvander
SCS Software

#6 Post by natvander » 07 May 2019 07:05

I must have seen the test models because I've already seen a few on the road. The FH12 XXL is far more common here than the normal cab.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
howey

#7 Post by howey » 07 May 2019 08:57

I guess there doing it to complete against the Fat Cab Aerodyne's & Argosy's for interstate travel, by far the two most popular cabover trucks for interstate travel. Although I've seen more daycab variants in my travels and they haven't made them in years.
natvander
SCS Software

#8 Post by natvander » 07 May 2019 09:04

I dunno - on the Sydney-Melbourne and Sydney-Brisbane runs I see just as many Volvos as what I do KWs. And I see more of them than Argosys.

The XXL cab is not a new thing - the XXL has been here for years. So it's not to compete against the other brands, but to complete the FH update.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
howey

#9 Post by howey » 07 May 2019 09:43

If they have been making the XXL version for awhile just goes to show how much I take interest in them, I can always the difference in the Aerodyne's & Argosy's but with the Volvo's never noticed the difference. But then again most of the Volvo's I have seen have been Nolan's, Linfox & Toll, I know there are other companies that run them but never plenty of them enough for me to notice.

They probably are popular on the Hume & New England/Pacific Hwy's but tend to noticed more Aerodyne's & Argosy's then other cabover models, but I haven't done much interstate since I stop doing it full time 3 years ago.I wonder if they finally release the 750 over here? Only seen 600 & 700 versions the FH16's.
Micho014

#10 Post by Micho014 » 15 May 2019 18:41

We already had such cab in the past generation, and it was sold in Norway and Australie as long as I know. So I whink it is going to be the same again, plus I think it is going to be available with the 6x2, 6x4 chassi only.

Return to “Real world”