Thomson's Truckpics from real life

Arnook

Re: Thomson's Truckpics from real life

#141 Post by Arnook » 22 Mar 2020 18:42

Great story mate, stay safe !
That's an ... interesting looking bullbar on the new FH :P Do you know why your Boss chose Volvo and not MB ?

Also, congrats on the 300k ! What's your fuel consumption (L/100km) after 12 years ?
_Avto2000_

#142 Post by _Avto2000_ » 17 May 2020 19:07

Very Cool!
[ external image ]
GTX 1660 X 6G - i9 9900k - 16GB RAM - 1TB
Thomson

#143 Post by Thomson » 06 Jul 2020 14:56

Arnook wrote: 22 Mar 2020 18:42 Great story mate, stay safe !
That's an ... interesting looking bullbar on the new FH :P Do you know why your Boss chose Volvo and not MB ?

Also, congrats on the 300k ! What's your fuel consumption (L/100km) after 12 years ?
Sorry, very long time untill I answer but... :lol:

For a) They wanted to try something new, and also local dealer of MB has been allways thinking that he buy only MB. It's good to scare the dealers also :lol:

and b) About 6,5L/100km.

And someone may know, but I have spent my time at home and hostpitals after end of march, cause I had "small" injury at work. I broke my knee.

[ external image ]Now I cant post anything new for a while. Reason you see in pic... by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

But now, finally, after many years. I finally have time to drive around southern Finland to photo trucks.

[ external image ]Later today I will upload set of photos from yesterday. by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

And yes, it will still take one month atleast untill I'm back at work. The leg works allready fine, I can walk alone ect. but still takes time. 8-)
_Avto2000_

#144 Post by _Avto2000_ » 07 Jul 2020 09:28

@Thomson a speedy recovery & Stay Healthy Toni!
[ external image ]
Thomson

#145 Post by Thomson » 10 Jul 2020 20:02

Time for some truckpictures ! :shock:

Well, I don't know where to start but I will put some pics from my Flickr with the same descriptions here.

[ external image ]Kuljetusliike O. Hämäläinen Oy SOC-125 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Kuljetusliike O. Hämäläinen operates for Neste with this G-Series Scania.

[ external image ]Kuljetus Kukkonen Oy GKR-585 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Kuljetus Kukkonen and their older R-Series Scania with typical finnish curtainside, the sides can be used hydraulically or pneumatic withhout moving the curtain hands. This one is made at KAUPE Oy.

This one has also crane mounted behind the truck, and it's removeable when loading something from rear.

[ external image ]Kuljetus Kukkonen Oy BXS-772 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Here is another Kukkonen Scania with same style curtainsider and crane, but it's 4-axle and NextGen.

[ external image ]Kuljetus Kukkonen Oy SOJ-272 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Their grain tipper, the truck is with abroll chassis so he can take any body/container on it. Here with grainbox.

[ external image ]Kuljetus Kukkonen Oy YKN-379 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

And one of the feed-trucks. They has tipping swap container chassis, compressor for unlading bulk and trailer for 1 container. Distributing animal feed with these trucks.

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy YA64 IOK-712 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Auramaa, 100 years old company from western Finland. They operate in western and southern Finland and they own part of Kaukokiito.

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy YA101 FLY-210 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Another Auramaa but Scania

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy Rivi Eura by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

They have also MB's. Here is some of the trucks parked at "midsummer fest" time in Finland.

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy YA30 FLY-246 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Also they have these long HCT trucks. Here with open trailer.

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy YA56 CMK-385 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Here with normal boxtrailers with cooling units.

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy YA93 XAZ-193 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

This one is rare, I don't know do they have other "non Kaukokiito" coloured trucks than this.

[ external image ]Y. Auramaa Oy YA86 YXA-868 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Brand new LOOOONG Volvo

[ external image ]Kuljetusliike H. Vehviläinen Oy BXS-747 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Something else now. Kuljetusliike H. Vehviläinen is typical family company with everal trucks and all of them with little custom. This one has sidetipping Lipe box and trailer so it can haul allmost anything.

[ external image ]Arposalo Oy GOE-999 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

In my small village where I live, here is not many trucks or trucking companies. But here is one, and their newest Volvo with huge crane.

[ external image ]Kuljetusliike Kalevi Huhtala Oy 4 NLB-179 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

HCT again. Kuljetusliike Kalevi Huhtala keeps their office at Pori, most western part of Finland. They operate in Finland with 25,25m - HCT trucks and also down to Europe, mostly Italy I think with megatrailers.
Also I think they won the competion of longest web-url ever: www.kuljetusliikekalevihuhtala.fi

[ external image ]Kuljetusliike Kalevi Huhtala Oy 2 YIF-515 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Oldschool 25,25m truck, 76tons combi.

[ external image ]Kuljetus Welin Oy SLU-148 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Kuljetus Welin from Varkaus is old well known company, before they owned part of Kaukokiito but Kantola&Koramo bought that part of the company.

Nowdays Welin operates mostly with special transports.

[ external image ]Kuljetus Kari Rönkkö Oy IPZ-751 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

In Finland is allready many MP5-mercas. Kuljetus Kari Rönkkö has this beauty, long new Actros MP5. Total length is over 25,25m.

[ external image ]Kantola & Koramo KK90 NJJ-590 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Kantola & Koramo Oy is old and known company from Kuusamo. They also own part of Kaukokiito.

Here is their Kaukokiito Scania with swap container chassis and box on it.

[ external image ]Kantola & Koramo KK95 NJJ-595 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Here is their Kesko Scania, Kesko is Finnish retailing conglomerate and they have small markets and supermarkets all around Finland.

[ external image ]Kantola & Koramo KK37 JKX-737 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

And here's "new style rigid" with long box and also long trailer.

[ external image ]Kantola & Koramo KK104 JKX-804 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Kantola & Koramo Oy Scania Next Gen with Long semitrailer, it can also attach normal 13,6m rigid trailer behind it in Finland.

[ external image ]Rimpinen Oy EMK-930 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Rimpinen is a tanker truck company from Harjavalta, western Finland. They drive a lot also here in my homearea in southeast Finland.

[ external image ]L. Simons FKL-175 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

And last, Scania, Topline, V8, sidepipe. Who can't like this? Well I'm nor personally myself into straight pipes but I know a lot of Scaniafreaks is.

Leif Simons Transport is old known company from Närpiö, Närpes in Swedish. Also trailerbuilder NTM and Närko are from Närpiö.

This Scania works for Schenker between Finland and Sweden, truck is build with demountable truckbox, you can see the place for the container legs under the body. It has tipping joint aswell.

Hey, this is the end this time. A lot of more you find from my Flickr. I will share them here also sometimes like I did now. :D
_Avto2000_

#146 Post by _Avto2000_ » 12 Jul 2020 10:29

Cool Pics!
[ external image ]
Thomson

#147 Post by Thomson » 15 Jul 2020 18:10

Something new :D

Typical Schenker Oy Finland own truck, blanco white MB with swap container chassis, VAK body and trailer.

[ external image ]Schenker Oy 50 LOB-923 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

VP-Logistics has this new long MP5 Actros, here unloading at Prisma (Hypermarket) in my hometown.

[ external image ]VP-Logistics Oy YLS-578 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Hirvikoski and their hooklifter-Scania

[ external image ]Koneurakointi Hirvikoski OXP-107 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Jorma Saari has fleet of simple trucks, mostly equipped with rear mounted forklift as this also.

[ external image ]Jorma Saari Oy RSK-658 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

TJN Transport Siipola Oy works for Scandic Trans, between Finland and Sweden. This Scania is imported from Norway to Finland.

[ external image ]TJN Transport Siipola Oy YJM-240 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

Transport ÖSterberg has nice fleet of white Scania's with similar styling. Here is their latest build.

[ external image ]Transport Österberg Ab FOG-180 by Toni Puolatie, on Flickr

See you again soon ! ;)
Arnook

#148 Post by Arnook » 15 Jul 2020 20:24

I just love this topic ! Really cool combos and especially nice description where we can all learn about trucking in Finland. It's very interesting for me, particularly when I never see most of these type of combos in my country.

Thanks a lot for sharing mate !
JUseeTV

#149 Post by JUseeTV » 15 Jul 2020 20:54

These combos are unique, despite their simplicity!
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Micho014

#150 Post by Micho014 » 17 Jul 2020 13:41

Nice pics, how thick are the pipes used for the bullbar and lightbar for the last Scania?

Return to “Photos”