#TheWorldByTruck - 20.01.17

Rhythmosaur

#TheWorldByTruck - 20.01.17

#1 Post by Rhythmosaur » 20 Jan 2017 21:39

#TheWorldByTruck

[ external image ]

Clips, dashcam footage, documentaries
#TheWorldByTruck

For several years, I have been scanning Youtube for videos showing what trucking is like in other countries. It started out as a simple playlist, then took more shape in a g+ collection on my primary profile (hence the hashtag). Although my collection veeeery gradually gathered followers, I always had the feeling of preaching to te wrong crowd, so maybe here I can inspire one or the other mapper, if SCS or not, and maybe spark interest and debates.

Different from my g+ collection, I like to invite everybody to contribute, for this is not meant to be a one man show:

The overall theme is trucking worldwide, presented in docus, dashcam footage, clips, interviews and the like.

Let's start with one from every sort to give an example - Enjoooy!

Example for a clip: Trucker Steve
Dashcam footage:

A is for Alaska (1) -
Let's head there for a series of impressions, starting with a smooth ride (more or less smooth that is) towards the border coming from Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Canada. You will see about no snow at this time of year...
Original sound, two mates, one leading out of sight, one bringing up the rear, visible in the mirror ocassionally.
Although it is work, it has a relaxing effect to listen and watch... I love this video, and I sure love the sound.
And here we have a short, but very interesting Docu:

B is for Bolivia (3)
Rita, a female truck veteran on the road of death. 12 minute documentation. (Yep, that's the same road as in Scania Simulator)

Hire Kriechbaum!, please!

Return to “Videos”