Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#642 Post by SpottedHyena » 16 Jul 2017 20:32

@Obel "Thank you Obel! :)"
Trucker's Log, Friday October 6th, 2:30 P.M.

What a nice, long load that was! Always happy to take freight that takes me cross country. Also, always happy to be able to spend a night in Rostock, in my own bed, with Ivanka at my side. I never sleep so good, as I do when I have her next to me. Back on the road, a couple of Tollbooths in Austria slowed me down, but a couple doesnt bother me.
Once I dropped off my milk product at the processing plant in Graz, I got another E-mail from Till. He really loused this one up! Although he swears this was the only thing he had, it kind of aggravated me. A 48 ton heavy excavator going from Graz all the way to a mine in Reims, France. I guess I cant complain to much, if I make it back to Rostock on Sunday, I will still have had a full 2 days out of my truck. I just hope that being so far away, I can make it back by then....

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#643 Post by SpottedHyena » 18 Jul 2017 14:13

Trucker's Log, Saturday October 7th, 6:45 A.M.

Luckily I had spent the night in Rostock earlier in the week, or Ivanka would have been upset with me. Or would she? She said she would be far more understanding of my work this time around. But I'd prefer not to test my luck.
Till apologized for having me out so far away this time of the week, and told me it was all he could get. I understand, when I was hunting loads for myself there were always things going back home. But as usual, with a truck as old as mine and as low powered as it is, sometimes finding that perfect load of freight going exactly where you want it to is impossible.
Till got me a 44 ton precast storm basin heading for Luxembourg, time to start working on a chain of loads heading back home. Hopefully I get there by at least Sunday. I suppose we will see, wont we!

[ external image ]
Forward Unto Dawn!
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#645 Post by SpottedHyena » 18 Jul 2017 14:38

@Intercooler "Thank you! Welcome to the blog, hope you stay for a while :D"
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#646 Post by SpottedHyena » 18 Jul 2017 15:11

Trucker's Log, Saturday October 7th, 8:50 A.M.

After delivering the Storm drain basin to a Sansbuilders in Luxembourg, Till mailed me with bad news, News which in one respect was unfortunate, but very fortunate in another. I had nothing between here and Rostock that would get me home in the time I wanted to be..It would seem that my long week has finally come to an end. Though I wont make it all the way back on this trip alone, I should get back to Rostock in time to spend some time with Ivanka before I have to head back out again Monday....

Thank you one and all, Intercooler, Hakan (Safe journies to Turkey!), BKVissers, Obel, JUstseeTV, you guys are great. As always, have a good one! Until next time...
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#648 Post by BK Vissers » 18 Jul 2017 18:06

Sucks not getting a load but it beats getting the same one day in and day out.... unless one wants that, of course.
SpottedHyena

#649 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Jul 2017 14:36

@Obelihnio: Thank you!
@BKVissers Makes for a nice relaxing ride home, though. After a long week like that, that's just what the doctor ordered.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#650 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Jul 2017 15:14

Trucker's Log, Monday October 9th, 1:30 A.M.

My Alarm went off at Midnight, bang on the dot. It was an early start coming off of a late week, and my body was telling me it wasnt done sleeping yet. But my mind informed my body that we had a job to do! Reluctantly, my body responded, and by 1:00 A.M. I was out in the brisk 50 degree October air heading to my truck, armed with my jacket and a cup of coffee.
By 1:20, I was pulling into ITCC to pick up my first load, and a short load it would be. A brand new Road paver was heading to a leasing company in Berlin. Construction has really been booming in the city, so it's no surprise a new leasing company would spring up there to make life a lot easier on contractors working in the city. I got the ol' girl wound up, my eyes opened wide, some good 'ol 100 mile coffee, and a full week of of driving ahead of me.

Welcome everyone to another edition of trucker's log.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”