Delete

ronnie._1

Re: Ronnie's Adventures

#21 Post by ronnie._1 » 16 Jan 2018 16:11

Hakan wrote: 15 Jan 2018 21:38 Waw, that's quite good story!
Intercooler wrote: 16 Jan 2018 14:11Cool!
Thanks. Guys!
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
ronnie._1

#22 Post by ronnie._1 » 17 Jan 2018 19:41

Quick Note

Hi Guys, It's Ronnie here. Sorry for the delay in the next update of my adventures. It will be coming tomorrow around 16:30 GMT tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay.

Until then,
Ronnie :?
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
ronnie._1

#23 Post by ronnie._1 » 18 Jan 2018 16:38

The Beast

Hi Guys, today is a special addition to my adventures as I show you around the Scania 113 I bought recently.

[ external image ]
All mine.

The truck had a 380 horsepower engine, part of the 113 range. The paint job is the original, a metallic grey, black and red. It has been well kept by previous owners and apparently hasn't had a full re-spray since coming off the production line in 1995. I especially like how the paint looks on the front bumper. Also, the ruck has fully functioning, halogen headlights and foglights. They are literally yellow they're so old! :lol: :lol:

Inside the truck, it has a retro-fitted display with current gear, fuel level, fuel consumption, and my personal favourite; a compass. The truck is also fitted with features such as Cruise Control and Electric Windows. The standard display still shows the current gear.

[ external image ]
Heading North.... Wait, that's not right!

As I have mentioned before this truck is also capable of pulling a tandem trailer, however, I don't have the licence to do so. Soon though, soon...

[ external image ]
Soon the tandems will come......

I hope you enjoyed this little tour, and I may be back with some tandems... :?:

Until Then,
Ronnie 8-)
Last edited by ronnie._1 on 18 Jan 2018 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
ronnie._1

#24 Post by ronnie._1 » 23 Jan 2018 17:08

Another Chance

Hi Guys, It's Ronnie here.

Whilst I was searching around for jobs to do in my Scania I was approached by a small company in Edinburgh that did contract jobs for any other company. They had recently lost a couple of drivers to a bigger company that they are linked to. When approached, I asked whether I was interested in a new job as a Class 1 HGV driver. Immediately I said yes and was told to report to their garage in the centre of Edinburgh as soon as possible for an interview.
I drove down to Edinburgh in my Scania as fast as possible. When I arrived I was met by the on-duty manager and CEO of the company. They were very kind to me as the company were desperate for new drivers. I was shown around the garage which was mostly empty at the moment except for a 2007 MAN TGA and over in the far corner of the garage a 1997 Scania 4-series.

Then I was taken inside for my interview...

Yes!!

I passed the interview and would be a driver in no time! However, there was just one thing...

[ external image ]
???

Until Next Time,
Ronnie :o
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
BK Vissers

#25 Post by BK Vissers » 23 Jan 2018 17:12

Wait... whaaa? You can’t leave ‘ole Scannie behind!
Hakan

Ronnie's Adventures

#26 Post by Hakan » 23 Jan 2018 18:16

Very cool Story man!
ronnie._1

#27 Post by ronnie._1 » 23 Jan 2018 18:32

BK Vissers wrote: 23 Jan 2018 17:12 Wait... whaaa? You can’t leave ‘ole Scannie behind!
Tough decisions are coming my way... ;)
Hakan wrote: 23 Jan 2018 18:16 Very cool Story man!
Thank you!
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
ronnie._1

#28 Post by ronnie._1 » 24 Jan 2018 16:57

Adios!

Hi Guys, It's Ronnie here.

After the excitement of being excepted into a new job that I'd love to do, I still had some big decisions coming my way. Firstly I would have to decide what I wanted to do the Scania that I bought very recently. I really only had two options: Sell it or Keep it. The downside of keeping it was that I'd have to pay road tax and insurance on it and have to pay for somewhere to store it. The downsides to having to sell it are that I haven't had it for very long at all and that I'd have to rent or buy a place to live as well. I already have an apartment in Edinburgh so that's no problem.

And so I decided to sell the old Scania. Selling it off to a garage in Manchester, I agreed on a price of £26.995 and they would come and collect it. I hadn't had the truck for long, but it was sad to see what could've been my future leave. There were good things to look forward to, however, as I had started fresh in a new job.

First Job

The first job would take me to Oban from my base of Edinburgh with 22 tons of Wood Chippings. I was told before I set off that the company I worked for had ties with other companies in the logging industry, so the majority of my jobs would be based around carrying logging trailers and the sort.

The 2015 MAN TGS that I was assigned to do this route only had 360 horses, but it seemed to pull fairly well for a relatively heavy load.

[ external image ]
Exiting the Yard

As I began to leave Edinburgh, the weather became very overcast and soon it began to rain. It was also very dark during the spell of rain. I recognised the route I was taking immediately as it was identical to the first route I did with my first employer, EuroGoodies. It brought a tang of nostalgia to me as I exited the motorway onto Scotland's rural roads.

[ external image ]
Leaving the Motorwa in Darkness

Because the contracted jobs were often brought in at the last minute they would often be urgent deliveries, meaning that I'd have to stick as close to the speed limit as possible to stay on time. Potentially this could be a risk as there would be a high risk of crashing, but better late than never :lol:

As I neared Oban the weather began to clear meaning that the road conditions became safer and there were better views out of the windows. However, I became stuck in a traffic jam behind a tractor who was travelling around 25mph. It was quite frustrating as I was becoming later and later.

[ external image ]
Nice Views Ft. The Sun

I arrived at the Posped depot with just minutes to spare. Checked in and Paperwork down I was just on-time. What my employer loves! I'd be driving back down to Edinburgh tomorrow in the same truck, however, I hadn't been told my delivery details.So,

Until Then,
Ronnie :P
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
BK Vissers

#29 Post by BK Vissers » 24 Jan 2018 18:18

Too bad about the Scania. Ironic to be doing the same route that got you fired! :lol:
Hakan

Ronnie's Adventures

#30 Post by Hakan » 24 Jan 2018 19:46

Lovely Story again!

Return to “Screenshots”