Stinga

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#41 Post by Stinga » 02 Apr 2021 12:22

Very nice shots!!
Emaulligu

#42 Post by Emaulligu » 06 Apr 2021 09:57

France makes a comeback !

Sorry for the lack of activity here, I'm having IRL obligations keeping me away from the road. Initially I should've made a post about ATS, but it'll wait, since it's finally time ! Been waiting for this the entire week and here it is ! The new T is finally out ! I don't have many screenshots yet, but I'll make sure to take plenty.
In addition, as it's made of extra accessories on the base of the current T rather than a standalone model, all mods for the T will need only a bit of adjustments until they're ready to go again.
Here's my T for now, big cab, Renault's red metallic paint. I'll spec it out more properly later maybe, for now I'm just happy it's here and I can drive it !

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#43 Post by Polarlicht » 06 Apr 2021 21:25

Indeed similar to my pic :? :D
Emaulligu

#44 Post by Emaulligu » 10 Apr 2021 10:21

Mr T

Started cruising around with my T as well as a Krone refrigerated trailer. a pretty good combo even though I'm starting to get bored of hauling 3t of potted plants everytime.
I have a passive with the T, it was my first owned truck in ETS and my spec remains roughly the same for now. Of course the Evo is here now, new headlights, new interior, and this time I'm finally getting used to the mighty look of the big cab for real. Loving it so far, and as we talk I just loaded even more potted plants heading towards Spain ! 1500 km starting from Milano, going to be quite a trip !
Normally I make skins for my own trucks, and this one is no exception, but you will have to wait a little to see the result ;)
Safe drivings everyone !

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#45 Post by Emaulligu » 11 Apr 2021 11:11

First day in Iberia

Lots of sand and palm trees ! Weather is hotter and drier than in the rest of Europe, and you can feel it. It's nice to be able to drive at 90 km/h in Spain as well. Quite liking this DLC so far, and there's plenty more to see !
Just looks like the roundabouts and highway exits were design by Pablo Picasso in person, it's a real maze to find the right lane lol.
Truck-wise, the T is holding strong, very pleasant to drive, and the dashboard is good. Reached over 10 000 kilometers driven yesterday, and I'll drive more.
Here's some shots from my trips, I know I must really learn how to include the scene more in my pictures.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#46 Post by AkePhoe » 11 Apr 2021 11:14

nice screens
Emaulligu

#47 Post by Emaulligu » 16 Apr 2021 07:01

Iberian travel continues

@AkePhoe Thank you !
Just finished my part for Cruising Iberia and still roaming around in my T. Feels smooth to drive and very satisfactory overall. Treated myself with a new lightbar for it, the square lights are a perfect fit. Still no mods on the outside, but I was delighted to see Kriechbaum finally updated the Renault engines to 1.40 so I can finally sound like I drive a truck and not a vacuum cleaner anymore. The 520 HP is perfectly satisfactory to haul the most common cargos, but there's that time I had to haul a 47t Transformer on 200 kilometers. Nope, not doing that ever again with a 4x2.
The Krone refrigerated followed me for a bit, but it's too restrictive in cargo offers, so I had to suit myself with other things I could find, allows me to get a start at Iberia achievements as well. Who knows what could be next ?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#48 Post by Emaulligu » 17 Apr 2021 16:29

The Olhão-Bergen trip

Finally something interesting. Having reached the South coast of Iberia, Portugal to be precise, I've been curious to see how far we could go, with that extra added territory. Sorting jobs by distance, I found a Olhão-Bergen trip. Announced 3500 kilometers, 50 hours something of driving. As an extra challenge, the 21 tons of lamb stomach split into a big trailer and a pup, because there's nothing like a good ol' double when you must travel such a distance. So I thought, why not ? We're saturday, and I've got a good amount of free time. Let's do this.

It took me a handful of real-life hours of driving to get there, but I did. The result ?
I've been fined once for speeding, somewhere in Spain, because I was distracted and forgot highway exits are 40 km/h. That's it. And while I'm still a bit annoyed this mistake costed me my "perfect" trip, I still feel like it's pretty good. No accident, no damage, nothing in over 3500 kilometers. The game said 3500, but my WoT log counts 3900, which should be closer, with all the small detours I did to explore things.
Feeling proud some people in fictive Bergen will enjoy some non-less fictive lamb stomach as planned. Who are these people or why they wanted lamb stomachs in the first place I have no clue. But I delivered.
Also worth noting I didn't get fined for "illegal trailer" while crossing France, which doesn't use doubles within its borders.
The Renault T is still holding up, and while I suppose you could do the same with any truck of your choosing, and that those big Scanias could get it done better and faster, they lack the attitude I find in the T. I didn't see this the first time when I began ETS with my first T, and all those trucks I tried, all the way to my almighty FH16 750 who's done it all. Guess I'm getting wiser, unless I'm just making things up where there's no need to. That's just pixels. But we all choose to put something different on that truck memory space, and it says a lot about us. I'm gonna sit here, with my underdog. It doesn't have the luxury of a Mercedes, or the roaring V8 of a Scania. But it's fine. I'm happy with my choice. Until I get bored and change truck or something as usual. For real truckers it's more than a work tool, it's a second house. I've said it before, I'm no trucker or anything, but that's my thing. I get attached to pixels.
I told myself I'd drive a million kilometers with a single truck, and this one is as good as any. Only 980 000 more to go.

Guess I got a bit carried away here, I posted more text than pics but oh well. I started this thread because I wanted to talk and interact, something that's cruelly missing on WoT in my opinion. So here's the talk. Now I'm waiting for interaction to happen. Safe trips everyone.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#50 Post by AkePhoe » 20 Apr 2021 06:15

nice pics

Return to “Screenshots”