Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

Emaulligu

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#71 Post by Emaulligu » 29 May 2021 07:03

Now playing : Daf XF

The adventures continue with a new truck, a brand-new DAF XF. DAF's best, until in about two weeks time. DAF appears to have a long-term and reliable customer base, both IRL and in ETS. So I've been curious to try it out, as DAF is probably the brand I've the less driven, just above Iveco for obvious reasons. So what do we have here ? A Paccar engine that hums nicely when you touch the pedal. A better steering than the Scania (worse would be impossible), and a dashboard that feels like too much of a hassle to read. As for the looks well, it definitely looks clean, but a little too... nice. Lacks a bit of madness of sorts. Now, the new DAF is due soon, and it seems sharp lines are back in trend, so perhaps the new model will be more my style. I'll give it a try when it comes out anyway.
And it's the second truck in a row I try that has a functioning engine brake. Renault really needs to step up.
Well, too much text, I don't even know why I write all this. Have an orange truck.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#72 Post by AkePhoe » 29 May 2021 09:38

looks nice!
Emaulligu

#73 Post by Emaulligu » 29 May 2021 12:13

@AkePhoe Thank you ! I really like the HS-Schoch additions, plenty of roof and low bars for most trucks. Helps even if you don't have the tuning pack.
Emaulligu

#74 Post by Emaulligu » 30 May 2021 12:07

Return to Château Renault

Opening up my truck manager again, I was greeted by this. As it turns out, I had fully specced a Renault Premium months ago, and left it there, untouched. So it was time to fix that, took it for a trip. This truck is getting old, both IRL and game-wise. Nontheless, it provides an interesting experience. Not a lot of customisation, and the engine has never heard of the word "horsepower". Yet. Yet, the dashboard is easy to read, and the truck just gives happy vibes. Unfortunately it's not fancy enough to have nice old-school interiors, instead it's stuck in a dark era made of plastic, on which it seems Renault built its entire brand. At least the new interiors from the T Evo feel somewhat more sophisticated. Still, it's fun to drive.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#75 Post by Emaulligu » 31 May 2021 22:05

I've finally got my T back. Working on that skin drives me crazy so I just painted the truck white. Changed the rims once more, and added chrome details. And a Krone curtain as well. I wish it was that easy to earn 44 millions in real life...

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
morawatz

#76 Post by morawatz » 01 Jun 2021 06:42

She's a beauty
Emaulligu

#77 Post by Emaulligu » 01 Jun 2021 07:26

@morawatz Oh yes she is ! Or he ? English has that curious thing where vessels are usually feminine, but French lost that as the same time as sail ships.
Regardless, it's currently tied up with my Volvo for the truck I drove the longest with 46 000 kilometers. Rookie numbers I know, but I'll keep going !
morawatz

#78 Post by morawatz » 01 Jun 2021 08:52

True, English has a few of those old language artifacts. In Serbian a word for truck, and for the above-mentioned sail ship, is in masculine grammatical gender.
However, your trucks and screens are beautiful, and no need to preoccupy with numbers. Relax and enjoy the ride :D
Emaulligu

#79 Post by Emaulligu » 01 Jun 2021 09:05

Thank you ! I know it's pointless, but I can't resist keeping an eye on the counter. I've also obtained all the WoT achievements except the distance ones, so I gotta keep going ! But there's times I just turn on the game, drive without stopping for screenshots or looking at how far I'm going. This is really a relaxing game.
AkePhoe

#80 Post by AkePhoe » 02 Jun 2021 05:00

Looks really good in plane white 8-)

Return to “Screenshots”