Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

Emaulligu

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#81 Post by Emaulligu » 02 Jun 2021 05:50

@AkePhoe I prefer it in truck white than plane white but thanks :p
Emaulligu

#82 Post by Emaulligu » 04 Jun 2021 20:15

Call came in, a client had 35 tons of empty pallets to carry. Why ? I have absolutely no clue. It was too much to load into my curtain trailer, so I had to hook up the pup to make the trip.
Apparently they finally fixed the "crossing France with a double" thing, now it will only generate jobs from Spain/Portugal, while you're there. So I might put it back to the garage and drive the single curtain again, until I cross the Maginot Line, or something. I prefer driving singles anyway, because I can reverse them and manoeuver without issue.
The combo is still a bit bland, I'm thinking about getting my own company name done on that curtain at some point.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#83 Post by Emaulligu » 07 Jun 2021 08:02

50 000 kilometers milestone

My Renault T reached 50 000 kilometers driven while I was hauling that wind turbine nacelle from Spain over to Belgium. I know it's not much, but it's the most I've driven with a single truck. I'm very excited about the new truck coming to ETS, but I don't think I'll give up my T permanently. It's going to be an interesting week !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
morawatz

#84 Post by morawatz » 07 Jun 2021 08:18

Looks great!

I suspect that the new DAF will be introduced in the game very soon after the official uncover, if not even simultaneously with the real truck.
Emaulligu

#85 Post by Emaulligu » 07 Jun 2021 09:29

Would appear so, as SCS has shown they have a model ready to drive already. I'm curious about the look and features of the new one.
Emaulligu

#86 Post by Emaulligu » 09 Jun 2021 11:20

Flash news
I am now owning the DAF tuning pack (because by some cruel irony it's the only tuning pack I didn't buy, not thought one second DAF would reveal a truck something like 2 months later, mind you), and while the new truck isn't out yet, I thought it'd be a good idea to bring my current XF back to the workshop for a final makeover, make it look its best before it's too late. So here it is :

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#88 Post by Emaulligu » 11 Jun 2021 08:36

DAF XG review

How original, a DAF XG. XG+, if you don't mind. So, let's take a look at this, shall we ? The exterior looks much sharper, freshening the DAF looks but still retains a familiarity with the former XF6. New regulations allows for a larger cabin, which is a great selling point IRL, much more than in-game where we don't use the bed at all. So far we're a bit short on customisation, so everyone's XG looks a bit the same, yet mods are already popping up, and we'll get more parts from SCS sooner or later. For now, we'll make do with what we have. But what do we have ?
Some plastic parts, in case you'd like to turn DAF's proud stallion into some work horse.
530 engine at best, not going to complain about the power, it's not a Scania anyway, but perhaps it's my imagination but I felt like my Renault pulls better, even with less torque. To be confirmed with further driving.
The dashboard. Is. Great. Lots of readability, plenty of infos including time left before sleep and GPS ETA, infos you're missing if you don't constantly play with the game UI open. And it looks cool.
Camera mirrors. That's the future, or so I've heard. I'm still unconvinced by the benefit of putting more expensive parts in vulenrable places for little gain, but I'm still not a real trucker. Time will tell, and I'll let professionals give their opinion on that.
Lowered rear fenders. If I remember well, I complained when trying the Scania S that rear fenders couldn't be opened to avoir clipping with trailers, in particular Krone, who are lower than SCS standard. Now, finally someone heard my plea. I love you, DAF designers. Not only can the rear fenders have the top part removed, but it's also not necessary because the whole fender itself was lowered, which means it does not touch the trailer at all. I'm sure it's a side effect of aerodynamic design, but a welcome one.

Now, onto driving. I've put 1300 km on the truck yesterday, and done another Trial by Corsica, to see what's the truck made of. A good surprise, the truck steering is on par with the Renault T, which I held to be the most manoeuvrable truck of ETS, so I'm delighted to see the T is having a match of his own, finally. Very smooth driving and excellent turning radius even at normal speed, tackled Corsica roads with no difficulty.

Now, the one thing putting me off. Beige. Beige on the front grid, beige on the roof headlights, beige on the skirts. Why, oh why ? You've made a brand-new truck with sharp lines and a futuristic line, only to add elements with the oldest and saddest color in existence. This is definitely a turn-off for me, and I'm impatiently waiting for a luxury chrome grid variant, as well as paintable roof headlights. Same problem for the rear window pane. Luxury version adds a black plastic panel and a beige line. I appreciate the effort of uniformity, but I would have appreciated it much more had it not been done in a sad color.

Overall a fine truck, which sets a new standard for future developpment in ETS as well as real-life. Give me something else than beige and it'll be perfect.

So yeah, I did an entire review, though i'm pretty sure nobody expected it, nor wanted it. I like writing, and I'm glad I can find new applications for this.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#89 Post by AkePhoe » 11 Jun 2021 13:12

Nice Review, i second your impressions
Emaulligu

#90 Post by Emaulligu » 11 Jun 2021 14:09

@AkePhoe Thank you, good to know I'm not writing for nothing. I mean, makes me happy to write anyway, but it does imply I'm expecting people to read it. It's good we have a truck that works, now we need to add some flair to it !

Return to “Screenshots”