Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

poozykrem

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#51 Post by poozykrem » 20 Apr 2021 07:25

Holy crap, that's a lot of text! You are doing the story part better than me for sure! :D
Emaulligu

#53 Post by Emaulligu » 24 Apr 2021 16:23

Still no skin

It's getting pretty hot over here, so I've been tasked to deliver those massive air conditioners to Barcelona for this summer. Took the road and delivered them neatly ! Gonna stick around and take some time to explore Spain and Portugal again now that I'm here.

I have submitted a skin for the Renault contest, but I'll wait till tomorrow and the definitive closure of the entries before posting it publicly. Quite excited to show what I've done but also a bit anxious about the result. Oh well, we'll see soon enough anyway.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#54 Post by Emaulligu » 26 Apr 2021 08:57

Showtime !

I can finally reveal my works without being paranoid someone steals it for the contest. So yeah, that's my design. Strong, geometric lines. Something simple and solid, none of that futuristic high-tech Evolution stuff SCS has been showcasing in their livestreams. Right or wrong, only one way to find out. We shall see in a few days.
Getting lots of stress from the size of the contest, on top of my usual "everything I've done is trash" mood. People who've made creative stuff before will get it.
Regardless, I did the skin because I like doing skins for my own trucks, and I will definitely be using that skin for myself no matter what the result is.
Very interested to hear what everyone reading this (*cough*) has to say about it.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
poozykrem

#55 Post by poozykrem » 28 Apr 2021 10:20

Well done, using geometric shapes is always a reliable and beautiful way to skin any truck!
This deserves at least being highlighted by SCS
dreamcatcher

#57 Post by dreamcatcher » 04 May 2021 08:57

The most important thing is that you are satisfied with it and that you enjoy it ...
Emaulligu

#58 Post by Emaulligu » 04 May 2021 12:04

Yeah well.
Been postponing writing the next post for a bit (honestly even forgot I posted the original designs), because I didn't want to get into it.
SCS and especially Renault had a very clear agenda of what they wanted featured on the contest skins, and mine didn't fit. Plus, the skins selected are way more detailed and took much more work than mine, I have no shame admitting that. At least four of them. Took me a bit of time to swallow my disappointment, but I'm cool now.
I keep questioning my skin though, and it will probably evolve over time, I just need to find how.
poozykrem

#59 Post by poozykrem » 04 May 2021 12:39

Don't worry man, your skin is just ok for the truck, well done!
I wouldn't even expect to get a prize from such events
Emaulligu

#60 Post by Emaulligu » 04 May 2021 15:33

It was a 50/50, wasn't sure what kind of people would apply.
I'm still trying to work on the paint scheme and perhaps pattern. Have a random pic in the meantime.

[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”