Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

poozykrem

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#32 Post by poozykrem » 16 Mar 2021 17:50

O, i didn't see that volvo trailer, nice skin!
Emaulligu

#33 Post by Emaulligu » 17 Mar 2021 07:56

Thanks ! I really wanted a city combo for when I'm not feeling up for heavy.
Emaulligu

#34 Post by Emaulligu » 19 Mar 2021 23:54

More ATS adventures

I'm running low on title ideas lol. Anyways, more ATS it is. Played a brief ETS delivery today, hard to switch between both games.
Starting with an ADR cargo on this curious trailer, not so sure exactly why it even exists, spread axles and a super long tail for nothing, but I like curiosities.
After that I did one more delivery with my faitful sliding tarp and took the Washington ferry for the first time, unlocking the corresponding achievement.
Then... Oh boy. Then, I sent it back to the garage to pick up a double articulated lowboy loaded with an industrial cable reel weighting 33 tons. No biggie, only had to take it from Truckee CA to Clovis NM. 1350 miles (2174 kilometers for us Europeans). Long trips always have that feeling of adventure to them, and the moment of relief when you finally see that tiny red flag beacon showing on your GPS after so long driving. Wouldn't do these everyday, but it does feel special.
As a bonus, I've been awarded another achievement for making a perfect delivery for a Heavy Cargo on a distance of more than 1000 miles, without damage or fines !
Little Mack reached 15 000 miles (That's 24 000 kilometers), they grow up so fast. Pretty easy with those vast open spaces and straight lines, but then, I have the trailer weighting me down too.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#35 Post by Emaulligu » 26 Mar 2021 07:39

1.40 hits !

Yup, we're there. The update released unexpectedly early, I must say, but I was ready for it. My Mack kept working as usual, hauling various trailers until I can find a suitable one. At the moment I'm writing those lines, I have an idea that might be interesting. Won't say more for now, will need time this weekend to get a closer look at it, and it's not guaranteed it'll work.
Now, ETS. First thing I did with the update was to take a screenshot of my Volvo, even though I lacked time to drive. Then I wanted to go visit Bayonne and Lacq, but I couldn't find any cargo going there, so I took a rental truck, and off I went. A pretty nice Volvo FH 2009, Globetrotter XL cab, a Krone trailer loaded with canned beans directed to Bayonne. Made sure to take some nice pictures on the way.
After this, I've got my faithful FH 2012 back, and went for some more kilometers on the road. Unfortunately, it appears there's an issue with the front grid LEDs, as turning them on kill my framerate in bright daylight, even though I drove all night with the FH 2009 without issue. They're SCS standard, obviously, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll look to see if it has been reported into bugs already, seems I'm not the only one having that kind of issue.
I'll also look into disabling the automatic lowering of trailer axles when loading, because putting down the 5th axle for a 8t roadroller is ridiculous. Means I must not forget to lower it manually when I'll load some massive bulldozer next time lol.
Until it gets fixed, I suppose that means more ATS, when I have time. I'll be more busy these days, so that means less driving and less blog posts. Stay safe and have fun with 1.40, at least those of you who don't have 20 mods requiring update.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
poozykrem

#36 Post by poozykrem » 26 Mar 2021 14:08

Sweet shots bro, keep it up
Emaulligu

#38 Post by Emaulligu » 27 Mar 2021 14:04

Weather forecast

Today we're expecting some rain in the 1.40 area, with 100% chance of looking awesome, but it should wear out early this afternoon, and trucks will be able to finish their trip safely.
Have a good weekend everyone !

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#39 Post by Emaulligu » 28 Mar 2021 08:35

Prepare for double

Okay, we have something a bit more scenarized today, and a lot of pictures, so here we go ! I'll put the descriptions between each images for once, because that's simpler.

I found a barely used Mercedes MP4 with a special swapbody chassis, took it to the garage who had some chromes waiting for me.
[ external image ]

Then I went to pick up the trailer and go for a job, getting the swapbodies changed.
[ external image ]

There he is, all loaded up. Color has changed, still can't decide what color to pick.
[ external image ]

Some grey which turns out to be not so great.
[ external image ]

Thanks to 1.40, even night shot look good.
[ external image ]

Day shots too, but the color is definitely wrong, doesn't bring enough contrast to the chrome grid.
[ external image ]

Time to change that ! Blue paint, Krone containers. Now I just need to take it on the road again !
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

About the mod :
Can be found here on the forums. Loving it so far, the MP4 looks much better as a rigid than a semi tractor. Mod is built in 1.40, cab is the SCS one, swapbodies use Krone DLC files, no framerate drops, no errors in console, not even a warning. Who knows how long I'll keep this one, but I'm very much liking it.
Emaulligu

#40 Post by Emaulligu » 31 Mar 2021 06:26

Time for some more driving

Real life is kicking back in, diminishing the time I can spend behind the wheel. Still had the chance to do a few deliveries this week, and crossing the Alps with the Actross proved an interesting experience. I really hope we'll get SCS tandems someday, for better weight and cargo repartition. Until then, this mod does it as good as possible.
On the other side of the pond, the Mack keeps going strong and 1.40 is a paradise for chromes.
I'm very excited to get a look at the new T next week and we'll see how that goes !

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”