Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

AkePhoe

Re: Emaulligu's Mechanized Ventures

#91 Post by AkePhoe » 11 Jun 2021 16:12

Yep, as far as it looks now by the comments from scs the New DAF will be a Modder truck for the next months as there are no Plans from scs to Update and Improve the truck until the official production start (except Bugfixes)
abasstreppas

#92 Post by abasstreppas » 11 Jun 2021 16:26

I also noticed the good turning radius, which makes the truck very nice to drive at crowded yards. Those beige plastic details is a big minus and reminds me of American light truck/car details from the 90's. Looks like shit after a couple of years in rl, lol. The new DAF actually have some resemblance of recent American truck design over it, I just can't put the finger on it though ;)
Emaulligu

#93 Post by Emaulligu » 11 Jun 2021 16:46

The window inside the passenger door is a huge reminder of older American trucks for me.
I've been looking at the truck on the official site again, I think the front grid is actually metal ? I'm not sure, but SCS did a really good job on the texture of the new T Evo front grid, so I don't know what's going on here. Would need more photos that aren't as heavily photoshopped.
Did more deliveries and it's pretty smooth to drive still, so I enjoy it. Looks better with a darker paint.

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#94 Post by Emaulligu » 12 Jun 2021 07:44

A word of warning

There seem to be a wave of ETS/ATS profiles deleting themselves for no apparent reason, which may or may not be related to a Windows 10 update, figure that if you will.
Visit this thread if you need more info on what to do : https://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/d ... 844975171/

Did my update yesterday, and my profile vanished. Restored it in the night and this morning it's gone again, so I think i'm gonna have to disable Steam Cloud and work in local only, apparently that seems to fix the thing.
No screenshots sadly, didn't have time to take any with this happening.
Emaulligu

#95 Post by Emaulligu » 12 Jun 2021 15:44

Sure the DAF is nice. But I didn't leave my Renault for a truck that's even more plastic. I'm really glad we got it into the game and it's a good quality truck, and a real progress with all the high-tech stuff, but in the end of the day, the Renault T is much more my style. The Evo headlights are great. We shall see when the DAF gets more customisation, but for now, I'll return to my Frenchie. I know i'll keep changing parts and especially the rims until I can get a good balance, and most of all manage to finally get a company skin done for a trailer because right now it's a bit bland. The DAF hype is fading out for me, so that's gonna be it.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#96 Post by Emaulligu » 15 Jun 2021 15:32

Back to work

I've been talking about making a skin for a long time, and thinking about it for even longer. Well, I've finally found some inspiration to get start again. The truck now has a name and the skin has a good starting point. I'll expand it depending on my inspiration wen I feel like it. But at least it's not a plain color truck anymore !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AkePhoe

#97 Post by AkePhoe » 15 Jun 2021 16:50

Looks good, remminds on a Vampire theme
Emaulligu

#98 Post by Emaulligu » 15 Jun 2021 20:17

Thanks ! Yeah, the fangs do that. A bit unintended, and I guess the red makes it look more that way. It's still subject to change but I have something I like for once.
Emaulligu

#99 Post by Emaulligu » 25 Jun 2021 17:22

Long time no see !
That blank curtain trailer was looking a bit sad, so I'm back on more jobs, helping other companies getting their trailer through.
Real life may get in the way of my driving (and not the other way around, mind you), and I'm always hesitant to drive and take screenshots of a truck I'm not fully satisfied of, so that might explain my lack of activity on this thread.
So yeah, been back and forth between France and Italy, crossing the Alps is always nice and somehow there's still roads I haven't taken.
Welp, more next time when I finally fix my skin !
cough
Yeah right.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#100 Post by Emaulligu » 26 Jun 2021 17:03

Dutch time

I specced myself a DAF XF105 last week or so, vanilla parts only, on a 4x2 chassis as I'm used to do. Felt like taking it for a drive today, not having very high expectations, just wanting to drive one of the trucks I've specced and bought yet not driven yet. Surprise surprise, the XF105 is actually not bad. The wooden interior is definitely retro, and while the dashboard is a bit dated it's easy to read. It drives pretty nicely and the Paccar engine once again gives a pleasant sound. This truck unexpectedly goes very high on the scale of trucks I like. There's no full sorting (yet ?), but this one is definitely scoring a lot of points. I was nearly done with my job but made a short detour by Reims for exploration sake, when I figured I might as well do a slightly bigger detour and pass by the garage. I'm still trying to come up with something for the Renault that is truly me and not just trying to port the existing style on a truck that has nothing to do with them. But for the XF105, a Dtuch-inspired spec seemed perfectly appropriate. So exit 4x2 chassis, welcome 6x2 taglift. Painted sideskirts as well, still Dutch ones, I find those skirts with storage boxes really nice. I suppose I could work on it more, but for now it seems good enough.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”