Jollicious Josh's Journeys

JolliciousJosh

Re: Josh's Instant Snap Shots (JISS)

#22 Post by JolliciousJosh » 01 Sep 2021 08:12

One year as a virtual truck driver.

I started this interest way back September 1, 2020 as a beginner, since I watched some POVs in action in YouTube in the second half of 2017 after some years of hiatus from watching it from spring 2014.

During that time, I didn't know how to use retarders to slow more down the truck, since I was playing in demo mode (1.36), and now I realized that configuration keys are the biggest help. I can memorize these keys since then. (P.S. I wasn't good in reversing the trailer, even in a single shot, until I learned it in January.)

To commemorate, I drove a JDM-based Hino Profia (700) facelift to Bologna from the East, since Jason and Olive recommended me to have this truck. Fictionally, the company owned by them have 6x2 rigid wing vans and reefers. Way back on the latter part of December, I tried to use my favorite JDM-based new generation Isuzu Giga (E-Series).

In real life, new and second-hand JDM trucks are very common in the Philippines (where I live).

P.S. JDM is Japanese Domestic Market.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

Re: Jollicious Josh's Journeys

#23 Post by JolliciousJosh » 06 Sep 2021 14:37

BELLISIMA!

Serena wanted Olive and I to gather at her farm in Artena, Rome to carry fresh pork bound for Banska Bystrica in Slovakia. What a wonderful conversation for our reunion after months of missing, due to my route of assignment.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

By the way, I'll be having a semi-hiatus on virtual trucking for a couple of weeks since I'm getting vaccinated for first dose. Olive and Serena advised me to take a rest.
JolliciousJosh

#27 Post by JolliciousJosh » 18 Oct 2021 11:18

Resting at a halfway point.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#29 Post by JolliciousJosh » 31 Oct 2021 07:03

Domestic Immersion

Few more days until the first anniversary of Malaya Delivery Transport, one of Olive's colleagues contacted me to acquire a Hino 500 for our company and a Japan-made three-axle refrigerated wing box semi-trailer. The Hino 500 acquired by one of her colleagues in not Philippine-spec, but it is originated in the neighboring ASEAN country, Thailand, and it's a nice-looking and a perfect match with a three-axle Scandinavian styled walking floor.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 07 Nov 2021 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Dareus

#30 Post by Dareus » 01 Nov 2021 08:58

This is a great thread! Nice screenshots and the short stories/descriptions are interesting to read. Well done, can’t wait for more! ;)

Return to “Screenshots”