ETS 2 MMORPG ONLINE

TTW

Re: ETS 2 MMORPG ONLINE

#11 Post by TTW » 31 Jul 2020 20:48

"""""NEVER"""""
xXCARL1992Xx wrote:
31 Jul 2020 20:09
you basically want them to rewrite the whole game
REWRITE!!!!!!!!! WHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already wrote and tested my suggestions in 4 days as a mod ~1 week ago.

Your math is as bad as your imagination.

xXCARL1992Xx

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 31 Jul 2020 20:52

nice joke, but you cant just mod the game to be an MMORPG, because if SCS does it, they dont do it half assed because then it would bit them in the ass, yes they have to

REWRITE!!!!!!!!! WHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because the engine isnt made for MMORPGs and dont come with your mod again, you cant modify the game to this extent and srsly nobody here wants that or you would already have a crowed answering you

so stop complaining if people dont like your idea and deal with it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

TTW

#13 Post by TTW » 31 Jul 2020 21:07

You don't have to like my opinion, but you can't create the perception that it's impossible for people.

Technology has already passed your limits (lol)

If you don't like the suggestion, stop moving it up. My answer to all questions is ready and I will not withdraw my proposal.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -Arthur Schopenhauer

Your reaction is like stage 2.

bobgrey1997

#14 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 Aug 2020 20:46

You don't know how games work.
Just because some MMO games exist does not mean ALL games can be MMOs. This game uses an in-house engine (the base software upon which the game was built), and it does not support an MMO.
The mod you have is called TruckersMP. It uses a bypass to the engine's limitations to allow other players to interact with each other. However, in doing so, many aspects of the game had to removed (such as AI traffic) and others are bugged (such as desynched weather). This is simply because the game as it is can not handle a multiplayer session, much less be purely hosted as an MMO. Now, think to yourself for a moment... if the developers of the TruckersMP mod put in all the effort to making that mod (which is not easy, hence why they are the ONLY multiplayer for the game right now), why won't they patch it to fix the weather or add AI traffic?
Answer: it's simply not possible on the game's current system.
This would take rewriting the entire game engine to support multiplayer. Yes, SCS has eventually plans to possibly do something like this, but do to the work required to rewrite it, how much the community here doesn't care about such a feature, and the general cost of maintaining servers, it's on the back burner until further notice. They also have no plans of it becoming an MMO, as they would lose almost all of their business for that.
I read these suggestions as I am very open to change (and suggest my own changes all the time). However, I also share my views against suggestions to ideas such as this which would A: ruin the entire idea of the current game, and B: require an entire rewrite outside of the game's scope.
If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, you probably need to leave the internet, as anywhere you post you will have people disagreeing with you.
You are not off to a good start here. Your very first post being a suggestion to rebuild the entire game, followed by nothing but arguing and calling people terrorist...
I wonder why the moderators even bothered approving your posts...?
ImageImage

pigbrother

#15 Post by pigbrother » 01 Aug 2020 21:04

You lost me at
TTW wrote:
22 Jul 2020 10:11
Single player games are good for 1990's kids.
Good job.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”