Alternative to canceling job on tow

trixmot

Alternative to canceling job on tow

#1 Post by trixmot » 12 Jan 2021 19:19

Suggestion Description:
For non-quick jobs.
Put the Truck/Trailer at station that is farther away. This would prevent users trying to advance ahead. I don't how the current station is determined, but seems like selecting a more out of the way one would be possible. That way for users that want to use it, it would be distance/time plenty and avoid misuse.
Any improvement for this feature would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I searched many topics for 'tow' and found nothing.

Why should it be added?:
With the change to a Tow canceling a job is a real pain for users that did not abuse the previous behavior. Are there any other solutions being looked at to change the current behavior?

In the past couple weeks, I have been tipped over by a driver, ran into by a driver going the wrong way on a ramp, and had a trailer stick to a guard rail (my fault). Each of these jobs where long distances runs and I had around 2.5 hours of real driving time invested that was lost in all three instances.

Any improvement for this feature would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Alternative to canceling job on tow

#2 Post by Madkine » 12 Jan 2021 20:19

What you can do at the moment is pause the WoT the job, then call for a tow and repair yuor truck and then resume the WoT job (which will teleport you back to the trailer).
I'm not sure what happens if the trailer is on it's side however and it may not help in the situation where the trailer is stuck.

xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Jan 2021 20:20

if you are tipped over it is game over, you have to abandon the job
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Deimenried

#4 Post by Deimenried » 14 Jan 2021 13:28

I learned that the hard way, Carl1992 :lol: Got cocky at the end of a 2500km job, took a corner at 70kmh that was a little bit too tight...

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#5 Post by abasstreppas » 14 Jan 2021 14:07

It would be nice if you could continue even if you tipped over as long as the cargo is undamaged

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”