Front & Roof Aux Lights having key

Would you like the Aux lights to have key slots as described?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 49

Microfleem
Location: USA w/ Lenovo H215, AMD Athalon (tm) II X2 215 2.70 GHz, AMD 760G, 4 GB Ram, 64bit Win7

Front & Roof Aux Lights having key

#1 Post by Microfleem » 14 Feb 2014 19:11

I don't know if this is currently or already been suggested, but in the light menu (F4), parking lights are "1", low beams are "2", high beam at "3", and beacon at "4" with tick slot for front and roof lights. I'd love to see front be "5" and roof lights be "6" (or vice versa) instead of tick marks. It'd seem more like a switch that way (at least to me. ;) )
Call me Mike (short for Microfleem)
jarvik79

Re: Front & Roof Aux Lights having key

#2 Post by jarvik79 » 14 Feb 2014 19:55

To be honest, I'd rather SCS were concentrating on more pressing matters - rather than changing something that already works - which is exactly what they're doing.
WerewolfCustoms

#3 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 14 Feb 2014 22:36

Well, I would love to see those pesky lights assigned as 5 and 6 keys. I don't see why they didn't do it in the first place...

This shouldn't take a lot of time to implement.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Feb 2014 02:04

I don't know... In my (real) truck I have a set of fog lights. (They're kind of mandatory around here as we have lots of fog.) If I flip the master power switch for them, they are in effect added to the regular low beam lights, and controlled by the main lights on\off switch. I wouldn't mind a setup like that in ETS2, since I'm used to it.

However, in ETS2 I turn on all of the light buttons and check all of the check-boxes, and all I ever change after that is turning off the bright beams during the day time. The low beams and all other lights are always on. I do that by pressing the K key.

So what am I saying? I can live with it either way... :mrgreen:
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
WerewolfCustoms

#5 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 15 Feb 2014 12:25

Well, I don't really care if this has anything to do with real world switches or now... It's just that when I buy or upgrade my truck, I have to put the accessory lights back on. Cool, I can live with that...

To put my lights back on, I press F4, and than I go 1,2,3... and than, I have to take my other hand, persuade it to drop the coffee mug, dig out the mouse under all the cr*p I have on my desk (old door, in fact)... and go and click the two check boxes... LOL :) It's a workout. Especially since I have to bury my mouse back under all the stuff on my... er... door. If I leave him outside, he gets nervous, and starts to squeak really loud. And that's not good. So, SCS, please, for the sake of my mouse's mental health - please change them checkboxes to keys 5 & 6. :)
MacTavish89

#6 Post by MacTavish89 » 20 Mar 2015 14:29

The checkboxes would be good also, but consider this:

How about a different button on the keyboard?
Now, we have 'K' for the high beam (if aux lights are turned on, for them too). But what if there were separate buttons to turn ON/OFF the different set of aux lights. (For ex.: the two key to the right from 'L')
One to turn ON/OFF the roof lights, one to ON/OFF the bullbar/engine "mesh"/grid attached lights.

Much more realistic, as in real life, you can possibly control different set of lights separately, not together...
thebigbadonion

#7 Post by thebigbadonion » 20 Mar 2015 14:38

The best way to do this would be ot make them assignable to keys,, but not assigned to anything be default (much like a lot of the recent implementations such as as the steering, and blinker camera rotation) So you can either ignore it and never use it if you wish, and are happy with how things are at the moment,, or go in to the options and assign them should you wish to. I'm not too bothered either way, really but it doesn't seem like it would be that time consuming to implement, and its a small thing people seem to want.
D_MN

#8 Post by D_MN » 30 Mar 2020 16:00

I am interested
cybersteel8

#9 Post by cybersteel8 » 29 Jul 2021 02:55

I would like to bump this thread. I'm setting up a dashboard interface that has many buttons on it so I don't have to use my keyboard, and this is a function that I can't actually put on my dashboard because there is no direct control to turn the roof and aux lights on and off. If there was a bind available in the Keys and Buttons menu, I could assign a key to it and press it to turn on the respective additional lights. This seemingly small feature would be incredibly useful!
evur

#10 Post by evur » 10 Sep 2022 11:01

I also think that the addition of a toggle hotkey / semantical input for auxilary lights would be really useful.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”