Nikola license

bobgrey1997

Re: Nikola license

#11 Post by bobgrey1997 » 24 Jul 2017 17:05

WerewolfCustoms wrote: 24 Jul 2017 09:39
Well, as for the truck - I don't like how it looks, to start with. But, there's plenty of trucks on that list...
Second - as an alternative fuel vehicle, for me, it falls into the same category as Priuses and Teslas (to mention just the biggest offenders). Drivers of the beforementioned vehicles love to behave like as*holes that think they're so much better than other drivers because they drive 'eco-friendly' vehicles. Try having a car-related conversation with them... you'll regret it. Shame, since EV's are quite a brilliant piece of kit. But their owners ruined the reputation of them... Because of all this, I'd like to see a good ol' diesel or petrol powered machine any day of the week.
I suppose ATS is just that: AMERICAN Truck Simulator! Want some more of that good ole' 'Murican gas guzlin' truckin'? Honestly, if they do add this to the game, I might get one just to throw a high powered diesel turbo engine in it!
I don't blame you for your reluctance towards hybrids, I used to live in a city full of them and I would pull up to the Waffle House in a gas guzzler of an SUV that was lucky to get 12 miles/gallon...
Blackspots

#12 Post by Blackspots » 24 Jul 2017 20:53

I'm looking at that website, and reading the benefits of that truck, and I see this:
While diesel engines require high RPM's to reach peak torque, the Nikola One™ electric motors hit peak torque almost instantly.
Most smart people realize that peak torque is usually around 1250RPM on truck engines, and have been designed to have a flat curve from 1000-1500RPM, so who are they trying to fool?
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
xXCARL1992Xx

#13 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Jul 2017 21:01

an electric motor has instant the max torque its produce, hence the insane acceleration with an electric engine

a diesel engine first needs to reach a certain rpm to get its max. torque
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Blackspots

#14 Post by Blackspots » 24 Jul 2017 21:36

CARL1992 wrote: 24 Jul 2017 21:01 an electric motor has instant the max torque its produce, hence the insane acceleration with an electric engine

a diesel engine first needs to reach a certain rpm to get its max. torque
In the second video, its mentioned they had to software limit the electric motors, because its possible to produce 3000HP (or more) from them.
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Wolfi
Beta tester

#15 Post by Wolfi » 25 Jul 2017 07:11

ShirBlackspots wrote: 24 Jul 2017 20:53so who are they trying to fool?
I mean no offence at all, but American truck manufacturers are masters at fooling their customers. (Preety much like German car manufacturers :P)
Sure diesel engine doesn't require massive RPM to reach it's full torque, but electric engine reaches it almost instantly. So when yo compare diesel engine to electric one.. the RPM is visibly higher, add to that some "creative advertising" and you get Nikola's statement you quoted.

As for the truck itself - hydrogen powered - cool. I don't mind that at all. All in all electric engines, whether you like it or not, are the future (at least near future) But why does it have to be so damn ugly? :? That's the only issue I really have with it. It looks like they tried so hard to turn an Audi R8 into a truck... and obviously failed. The cab section isn't bad, but the grill and lights sections are terrible :? I would deffinitelly wellcome it alot more if it just looked like Lolvo VNL or even like International Fuglystar. :?
WerewolfCustoms wrote: 24 Jul 2017 09:39Drivers of the beforementioned vehicles love to behave like as*holes that think they're so much better than other drivers because they drive 'eco-friendly' vehicles. Try having a car-related conversation with them... you'll regret it.
Funny enough I have the exact same experience with people who drive diesel powered cars, back from the days when I drove a gasoline powered one. :roll:
So yeah, the point of view depends on where you're currently sitting.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Blackspots

#16 Post by Blackspots » 26 Jul 2017 04:41

I did notice the Nikola Two daycab looks a lot like the new 2018 Freightliner
Axel Slingerland wrote: 24 Jul 2017 09:55 I suppose it must be different here. I know several people with 'eco-friendly' vehicles and none of them act like that. Then again, Eureka has a pretty large 'green' community. There are people here who have cars that run on used cooking oil. Don't ask me how it works, I couldn't tell you. But get behind one and you'll know it immediately. They smell like fried potatos. One guy has a bumper sticker that says "You want a Burger with that?" [ external image ]

I still prefer my bicycle as my main 'eco-friendly' vehicle! Absolutely emissions at all...
Well, you do have people like this:
Last edited by Blackspots on 26 Jul 2017 04:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”