#21 Post by Janusz666 » 08 Jan 2015 09:20

Jelcz C622:
[ external image ]
Volvo F88:
[ external image ]
Gucio85

Re: Used Truck Dealership

#22 Post by Gucio85 » 03 Feb 2015 17:58

How about change the small dealers into used and "modded"? As mentioned, used would be trucks from the game in poor condition with random parts and chipped paint, and "modded" could play as new but made far from europe/small company/home made trucks. This would get rid of some kind of problem with truck mods - replacing new trucks.

Big dealers will have original content, small dealers used and added to the game/modded.
Araripe

#23 Post by Araripe » 15 Mar 2015 20:11

Would be really cool to buy used trucks.
+1 ;)
LeafeonGold

#24 Post by LeafeonGold » 15 Mar 2015 22:44

I saw some variables in the game_data.sii file related to being able to buy used trucks from certain dealerships (after an email maybe?), so maybe it would be an email offer if you don't own any trucks where maybe the Scania Dealer in Hannover with offer you a used Scania R350 with 75000km on it for a discount, but I haven't seen it triggered (Unless you have to go a really long time with no truck or drivers).
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
denniskj76

#25 Post by denniskj76 » 01 Apr 2015 22:06

That would be a awesome idea+++++.. we should all start with used/old truck, and work our way up to a new truck.( nothing beats the smell of a spanking new truck).and they should reduce the transport wage, earned on the trips we make, they are simply just way to high..then we would all consider if we wanted to buy a very old/high mileage truck at a very low price or we would wait a bit longer and get a bit newer truck/still with a high mileage.. or take the chance and take out a loan in the bank at high interest and work our ass off, driving all over europe..That my idea/s..Happy trucking, keep those wheels turning..
natvander
SCS Software

#26 Post by natvander » 02 Apr 2015 01:15

I really like the idea, but IMO there also has to be a 'penalty'of sorts for owning a used truck (and for running your once new truck over a certain km trigger).

For example, trucks over xx years or xx kilometres could be more expensive to service, could require more frequent servicing and could see more frequent performance issues, especially if servicing isn't as regular as it should be.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
shorty943

#27 Post by shorty943 » 04 Apr 2015 23:48

Gucio85 wrote:How about change the small dealers into used and "modded"?

This is a suggestion I have emailed to SCS several times, although the game_data file does show entries for secondhand truck sales, (I think to your drivers) I have never seen any proof this actually works.
I like the idea of splitting out the smaller truck dealers if at all possible, so modders can set trucks there rather than the full dealerships.
Too often I see a truck model I would love to try out, only to find it would overwrite one of my favourite trucks.
or,,,, can SCS do what ever they did for standalone trailers, for trucks as well?
Pity it's not C# code, I'd be in there like a shot fiddling lol.
thebigbadonion

#28 Post by thebigbadonion » 05 Apr 2015 05:48

I think this is a great idea, and it wouldn't even be that difficult to put older trucks in them since the game already shipped with them :lol: They could remove them from the new dealers, and just include them as used trucks, since I doubt most of them are available to buy new these days anyway. Some of those trucks are really getting on now, and I don't think it would take that much modifying to also make pre-facelift versions of them, which a lot of the trucks in the game are. As for the much older trucks, I don't think these should be included for free. It already takes an insane amount of work for them to create a model. But it would open up a new revenue stream to help support continued development. I, personally would happily pay for new (old) trucks. Especially if they behaved like older trucks :D

I think before we have a used dealer system we do need a better maintenance system, and overall condition system, which degrades over time, and involves required maintenance, after the usual amount of miles in reality. If you don't the condition starts to degrade faster. Once it goes over a certain value, things start to go wrong faster, the truck loses horse power, and fuel economy lowers. Even with 0% damage, after a certain point the engine would cut out, refuse to start, the air system would leak, handling feels off in various ways right etc. This of course would be tied in to the used trucks. Used trucks would all have a condition rating, and the worse the condition, the lower the price. While you can improve the condition by repairing major components, it turns in to a point that its not worth doing, and your better off buying a newer truck.

Thats my opinion on it anyway :D It would actually be fun driving around in some rattly old junker that gets like 2mpg, and only ever starts when you pray to the correct gods :lol:
nuno_gt

[suggestion] Used truck market on ETS2

#29 Post by nuno_gt » 06 May 2015 00:17

Hi guys,

I'd like to share an idea that i have in my mind for ages: how about a used truck market? As the players change their trucks for more modern trucks, they sell the older ones, which can be usefull for other players who need a truck but don't have the money for new ones.

As an example, you have a similar idea in GT4 (Gran Turismo 4) for PS2. Please check it and put this on discussion here.
Last edited by ohaha on 06 May 2015 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged. Read the forum before starting a new topic.
nuno_gt

#30 Post by nuno_gt » 06 May 2015 00:27

I just posted this a couple mins. ago and i think this could be achieved with other players used trucks that were exchanged for new ones.

If possible, SCS could recover some old versions of trucks that were in the game in the past versions.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”