Used Truck Dealership

Stevecro

Re: Used Truck Dealership

#41 Post by Stevecro » 11 Jun 2015 03:38

I agree with both Natvander and thebigbadonion. It is a good idea to include used trucks and you certainly don’t need to building new dealerships to cater for this. The existing truck dealers could sell both new and used trucks (like they do in real life). However the most important point is that if you have used trucks for sale in ETS2 there needs to be benefits and detriments (or penalties) in doing so, otherwise it would be pointless buying a new truck if used trucks had no disadvantages to them. For example:

[*] Used trucks should break down faster, require more maintenance and their ‘damage’ or wear and tear should be at a higher rate than a new truck.
[*] Used trucks should not perform quite as well as new trucks.
[*] Used trucks should have a shorter lifespan before needing to be replaced, dependent on the mileage they have done.
[*] Used trucks of course need to be cheaper to buy however more expensive to maintain in general.
[*] New trucks should last longer, break down less often, feel smoother to run and drive (as a new truck normally would).

Generally there needs to be more involvement in the maintenance and upkeep of trucks, like tyre pressures, general servicing rather than repairs, tyre changes. There needs to be a divide and distinction between the regular servicing of a truck vs repairs to a truck as a result of damage.
Zyo

#42 Post by Zyo » 13 Apr 2016 10:45

Small bump, but I just discovered this topic.

I'm pretty new to ETS2, but I agree very much with the suggestions here. I'd like to point out that I have already been working on a project that addresses many of the issues here. its called USED TRUCK MOD and can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=203255

Its still in development, on a slight pause for now, what with the new ETS2 update, but the beta is functioning and contains all the features the final version will. There will be a few changes to come, but give it a try.
Pers Kärpänen

#43 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 17 Apr 2016 04:30

Where is it? It's not there... And looks little funny that Cities have only one truck dealer... At least some bigger Cities like London, Amsterdam, Paris... could have two or maybe even more dealers, so you could visit one to make your choice. And some smaller cities (Madgeburg, Trelleborg, Kassel..) should have recycle yards filled with used trucks, instead of having a new trucks dealer... It would make gaming more realistic...
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
SiSL
SCS Software

#44 Post by SiSL » 17 Apr 2016 04:45

My suggestion would be "KM counter" to effect wearing speed

Basically as truck gets older and older, engine/chasis etc. gets damaged more and faster compared to brand new one per kilometers. like %10 more damage/wear damage received than brand new one per 50K kilometers... Therefor changing truck like in real life kinda gets importants after a while... After 500K, it would be like double the wearing speed and encourage players to change their trucks.

Also additionally may be used trucks market prices change day by day, so you can buy cheaper next week etc. or higher depending on randomization
Pers Kärpänen

#45 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 17 Apr 2016 04:58

I suppose the wearing is already there... Atleast my 370K MAN does wear to part more faster everyday... :oops: :P
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
AlexO231

#46 Post by AlexO231 » 21 Apr 2016 14:05

But to buy trucks at auctions, will be nice!!
How to make the SCS Developers this:
-on the truck panel in menu (when you are in the world and press esc) to show in "my truck" a icon describting a truck and a some money (in the picture) you will be introduced exactely in the menu like buying a truck, and to show the details about the auction, who bid more,where it's the auction, what prices are now etc.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#47 Post by Mohegan13 » 21 Apr 2016 15:26

On the truck dealer front, if you wanted to have a dealer just for used trucks, just go into the city file of a city that has a dealer and change the brand name to "Used Trucks" and give it a logo.

Then set up a small selection of trucks with engines that have mileage on and call their dealer brand usedtrucks in the def files.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Janusz666

#48 Post by Janusz666 » 15 Nov 2017 18:33

kikister wrote: 31 May 2015 05:54 I like the idea!!
Man_machine wrote:+1 for used trucks idea!

Simply, you have the option to take a loan and buy a new truck or buy some old used and when you're able, buy a new.

+ you have opportunity to drive some of the legendary old European trucks! Like:
Or even:

[ external image ]
:)
Funny truck with photo but I think not possible if will be this idea ready in game.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”