Clutch in sequential shifting

RafaLepo

Clutch in sequential shifting

#1 Post by RafaLepo » 08 Oct 2015 03:07

Hi guys! I recently was able to check out the game in a friend's house, and it's amazing! BUT I decided not to buy it for this reason.
I love driving games, and I love trucks, and one of the things I love about driving games such as TDU, Project Cars, and others, is that they allow me to use clutch while on a sequential shifting method. This is the way I set it up:
I have the normal Xbox 360 controller, and since I don't use the up/down camera, I use the right stick for the clutch instead, and just left/right camera, and I tried to set it up that way in the game but it seems that it doesn't support clutch with a sequential shifting method, it just doesn't work, I can release the clutch without accelerating and the truck will stay in the same place, and won't even stall; if I accelerate without using the clutch the truck will start moving without any problems...
Yeah, it's a better idea to buy a steering wheel with clutch pedal and H-shifts but in the country I live in, buying a logitech g25 is about 400-500 US dollars, and right now I can't allow myself to spend that ammount of money.
If it's not for this game, I'd like to see it with your next game, which I'm looking forward to buy.
Thanks in advanced, I hope this is useful! :)
Reef

Re: Clutch in sequential shifting

#2 Post by Reef » 08 Oct 2015 15:20

Why? It's not a feature in real life trucks so why should it be in this simulator?

tbf the sequential shouldn't really be in the game at all! (though I do get why it is) especially now that we have the hints for the realistic auto's

If you want that type of gear changing experience then I recommend you stick with the games that simulate that style (like rally or racing games) but I don't see why the Devs should add a feature that isn't realistic just because one potential customer would like it ;)
CXN2615

#3 Post by CXN2615 » 09 Oct 2015 03:36

Why Clutch in sequential gearbox is for those who what "sim" a manual Gearbox without H-shifter(an additinal Pedal is way cheaper than a H-shifter)
But the beneficial of H-shifter in ETS is largely because it can skip Gear (for me operat a "ZF16" style, most of the time just Low to Low, High Gear only for fine tune at different speed of cruising)

Well, but anyway, while now I'm away form my G27, and I'd rather use Automatic than sequential, I do miss the using of clutch to operating parking though. (I do have a 3 pedal set, but the home-made H-shifter was broken...)

BTW: my feeling of all shift mode in ETS2
Simple Auto: Why would I want to try it ? so no comment.
Real Auto: Gear selecting is way from Optimal, adaptive option only made it worse, and hint only helps a little.
Sequential: Way to slow as many famliy car's "Manual mode" on AT box, and no skip will literary "drives" me crazy.
H-shifter: After tuning the "clutch_connected_viscosity_factor" since 1.19. Yeah, that's the thing!
RafaLepo

#4 Post by RafaLepo » 09 Oct 2015 06:01

Actually, as I told, I'm currently not able to spend that amount of money on such a beautiful piece of steering wheel like is the g25, If I had the money to buy it, I would definitely buy it, and I wouldn't have done this request. You may think I'm the only one but I'm not. I've seen several people asking for the same thing on steam forums, and I know is not realistic, but Project Cars is a simulator game as well but it allows me to do this. I'm not trying to compare, I'm just saying it would be a nice thing to do for those of us who can't afford -yet- a steering wheel with clutch pedal and an H shifter.
This will be more realistic on motorbike games such as Ride, but it doesn't support it neither.
I may be able to buy the steering wheel at the end of the year, but I'm not sure if I'll spend the money on that or on a PC upgrade.
Either way, thanks for your opinions!
Jarrad

#5 Post by Jarrad » 09 Oct 2015 07:37

Reef wrote:Why? It's not a feature in real life trucks so why should it be in this simulator?
3 pedal Autoshift (i.e Scania opticruise)
Reef

#6 Post by Reef » 09 Oct 2015 08:19

ok I get your reasoning, remember guys I'm only human too, so if I fail to understand something then I'll ask for an explanation, I will also give my point of view whether it is misguided or otherwise.
Jarrad wrote: 3 pedal Autoshift (i.e Scania opticruise)
The clutch is only used for pulling away and coming to a halt and therefore also maneuvering (reversing onto a bay for example) and in my opinion the only thing Scania had got right in the last 20yrs ~
CTclothbagco

#7 Post by CTclothbagco » 09 Oct 2015 09:43

Really when it comes to sequential boxes you only use the clutch to pull off or stop, any gear change is done without the
driver using the clutch. I'm guessing what you want is something like in Forza where you can have manual with clutch,
but the game only supports that on H-shifter setup I think.
Van der Koutras

#8 Post by Van der Koutras » 15 Aug 2018 21:42

This feature is still not available in game so SCS what you say can you put it on a near future update? We really need that!
CFMdude

#9 Post by CFMdude » 16 Aug 2018 18:40

I really want this as well, it would at least take my game experience to a whole new level :)
PikPikker

#10 Post by PikPikker » 24 Jun 2020 11:40

I recently got a new gaming steering wheel with 3 pedals. I was hoping to use clutch in ETS 2 and ATS, but alas the clutch is only available with H-shifter. But I don't have one and more than that there is no available in my city at all!
I just hope this feature will be released one day, H-shifters are not that widespread, so people really need clutch in sequential shifting!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”