Editor wishlist

Mirfi

Re: Editor wishlist

#161 Post by Mirfi » 11 May 2021 08:29

Would be nice to include programmable shortcut keys inside the Editor. Like to change the Zoom in / Zoom out default buttons.
ROMANIA Map and ProMods DEVELOPER:

https://promods.net
robertoantnes

#162 Post by robertoantnes » 15 May 2021 14:50

Hello friends.

Editing here, using the FAR MODEL technique, I managed to place the custom mountains that I modeled with BELZIER PATCH. I grouped it as COMPOUND MODEL and managed to visualize them up to 5km away. This means that it is possible to view an object over long distances, which is important when creating a 1: 1 scale map. For example, I am creating the city of Rio de Janeiro and naturally it is surrounded by peculiar mountains that it would not be possible to use the mountains that come with FAR MODEL. In addition, some rocky elevations have roads such as the one that connects to the hill of Corcovado and the statue of Christ the Redeemer. I know it is not yet ideal, but it is already a step forward. My proposal is that the editor would at least allow the insertion of the BELZIER PATCH as an option of the FAR MODELs in order to personalize the mountains on the map beyond 1500m. Another tool would be a redesign of NO WEATHER, in which it helps to block rain under bridges and tunnels. I don't know if it is still possible, but leaving them automatically inserted in these types of roads (bridges and tunnels) would speed up the modeling of the map. Or leave them as they are, but adding the option of shading these roads in order to further darken the tunnels during the day, as only at night they are more visually beautiful with their well-defined lights and shadows.

I hope that I was clear with my words and that you can understand my suggestions.

I leave as a reference the link with the screens of my steam profile in the game ETS2.

Thank you very much.

Graciously,

Roberto Antunes

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Botafogo_FR/

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Botafogo_FR/screenshots/
Arayas

#163 Post by Arayas » 29 Jun 2021 19:21

My wish 1:
Please implement the distance view in "place new item" window, to be able to establish the view distance BEFORE placing the item to the map. Like choosing a node on prefabs or shoulders on roads, before placing them to the map. Now, after the placement you must go back in "properties" to establish the view distance and the "default" one is almost never suitable for the item.
My wish 2:
ELIMINATE "snap to ground" on simple mouse click on node, i have many buildings or curves who are developing offsets just by selecting the node. Then i must go back to reset offsets myself. Drag-and-drop is enough for this.
Roextended Project
ItzHonzula

#164 Post by ItzHonzula » 24 Jul 2021 19:40

Wish: Ability to adjust terrain noise levels on prefab items also, not just road items (yes, too lazy to choose ocean terrain for custom sidewalks because it's literally the only noiseless terrain regardless of noise level selected)
EuRoadNet and Projekt Česko developer.

silly nonbinary existence :3
aquaticsparrow

#165 Post by aquaticsparrow » 31 Jul 2021 20:17

Doesn't hurt to ask here.
> Fix your online documentation site. https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... Map_Editor It hasn't been touched since Nov 2017. Nor does it have tutorials to help those who have no clue what they are doing.
> When starting a new map, allow the editor to let us set the map properties. The background image (toggled by A), the scale size.
> Having the UI map overlaid (in a corner) to show us what the area will look like when we play the game.
> Having the editor allow us to setup cities, companies, and gas locations without having to use a notepad document for all the coordinates.
> Being able to toggle Sector Coords when building. (1, -4) gets in the way when trying to make sure it aligns to the map.
> Being able to place roads in the void without them turning into a J as they go into the sky. Same for Models.
> Building bridges without having to toggle the material.

I guess what i'm suggesting, is to overhaul the map editor and make it easier for those who want to make a map. Without having to through countless extra steps, just to make a map work.
KrysEmlyn

#166 Post by KrysEmlyn » 31 Jul 2021 21:22

You can have the Map UI overlay in the map editor already.
Just press F5 like you would ingame with the Route Advisor.
That same key will also cycle through the different zoom levels as it would ingame as well.
dsf.fernando

#167 Post by dsf.fernando » 19 Oct 2021 20:53

robertoantnes wrote: 15 May 2021 14:50
I leave as a reference the link with the screens of my steam profile in the game ETS2.
Are those custom fonts? I thought there were no possibility of having custom fonts in the editor
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
robertoantnes

#168 Post by robertoantnes » 20 Oct 2021 00:23

@dsf.fernando, good morning.

do you refer "source" to the characters on the signposts in portuguese from portugal? Yes, it is possible to edit in the editor itself. I hope I managed to clarify your question.
De_Ruyter

#169 Post by De_Ruyter » 16 Apr 2022 20:31

I think SCS should look at Mod Studio 2 and have that implemented as it's a life saver for people who make skins.

Another thing that I am missing is a 'node manager'.
This to either make new nodes or move them for either official trucks/trailers or modded ones.
This way you can decide where items should stand and if anything fix things if needed.
Example 1: The window nodes are often too low (centered on the windscreen), so I would for example be able to change that so you can actually see where you are going instead of staring at things in the direct view. Add a few new nodes as well.
Example 2: Roof and Grill nodes are by default rather limited. You can now install a mod to have suddenly tons of nodes and often you need to throw the camera around to grab the right node. So being able to make your own variant might actually help out a lot.

Internal and external stickers.
Having the option for internal and external stickers might actually be a great thing. While external could be nation flags, provinces or specific regions, perhaps trucker specific stickers that might be fun to have.
Internal it might be nice to have something similar to ATS alongside nation and region stickers or something related to it.
Of course the truck brans and trailer brands may want to get in on this as well as it might actually be fun to add that as well.
I do think stickers for on the windscreen, the ones that give specific information regarding the truck and/or cargo might actually also to the immersion of the game.

I would love to see the paint section to be redone, at least for new paint jobs.
Think about using a simple single base color, then going into a new sub tab where you can configure the patterns you wish to have.
This way you can make a really unique looking truck without causing trouble with IRL companies. Adding Danish hooks or specific paint stripes for example can become a lot easier this way.
Reinhard

#170 Post by Reinhard » 19 Nov 2022 10:53

A keyboard shortcut to switch between free camera and the last used mode of "Drop free camera to the ground". Click click click through the menus fifty times in a row is no fun. Or does this exist and is just undocumented?

An optional crosshair in the middle of the main editor window. This would make it easier to find an exact spot where to switch between top camera and free camera. Now it is guesswork and searching, respective a lot of zooming in.

Make the "Help/Full manual" available to ordinary map modders. I hope asking for that is not deemed to be a sacrilege. :P

EDIT: My first point, regarding "Drop free camera to the ground", got solved now. Editor's help section for "Camera" now hints a "Drop free camera Shift + Tab". Which is wrong, but made me curious. It is "CTRL + Tab".

The first three strokes go through three different heights, all connected to the ground. A fourth will free the cam and let you fly. Wonderful!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”