Editor wishlist

deco13

Re: Editor wishlist

#51 Post by deco13 » 17 Feb 2017 21:26

Hi, is possible to have a shortcut for snapping to groung? Like the "S" of keyboard for example.

Have a batch renaming for sign template?

Have the possibility to spawn the traffic in the editor for check the connection between elements?

Have the possibility to rotate frame and image in the sign editor?

Regards, Deco.
angrybirdseller

#52 Post by angrybirdseller » 06 Mar 2017 23:27

Ability to drive interchange creation while building to ensure the drive is smooth and safe or sometimes to miminic 1930s era cloverleaf with blind sight-views.
SimulatorSam

#53 Post by SimulatorSam » 22 Mar 2017 15:58

How about being able to 'group' roads and prefabs together as one discoverable area on the map? (Like old prefabs, and enabled the same way as Compound Models)

For example, you could highlight prefabs and roads in a junction to make it so that if the player drives over any of the prefabs or road the whole thing will be discovered just like old prefabs. :)

This will help with 100% exploration, and annoying bits of road that you have to drive both sides to discover unlike regular roads. (Picture 3)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Reinhard

#54 Post by Reinhard » 05 Apr 2017 08:31

EDIT: I deleted my post because I recognized that I misunderstood the the details of a command syntactical issue. But this topic could stand some bumps, I guess.

To stay on topic, and while I'm at it: I guess I'm not the only one who is switching "drop camera to ground" all the time all day - till my poor mouse gets numb. Thanks for introducing this, but: How about a keyboard switch?

Another edit for another idea: an invisible wall remover tool.

SCS sports the philosophy to protect the gamer from accidentally driving beyond areas supposed to be driven on. I don't want to argue with that, decision accepted.

But in own map edits, I'd like to go into the opposite direction, to remove any building-type objects named "invisible wall", and to disable a checkered "no boundary" on prefabs, terrain and roads. I've done that often, partly. But it would result in an insane amount of work to do that for a whole map which is based on an SCS map.

So if that could be done by a tool - for example integrated into the F3 dialog - I would be grateful. Or/and maybe in extended way, let an automated service run over several settings of different object types? Or actions? Like "reset offsets" of all instances of a specific building type? Just thinking loud.
Reinhard

#55 Post by Reinhard » 22 Apr 2017 10:12

Sorry for the double, but another edit will make me look like chatting with the dead.

Sometimes it is really hard to fight popping-up objects, in the distance. Latest example where I gave up:

[ external image ]

The white/red part shown here is very noticeable. Unfortunately, the semaphore model doesn't inherit the distance setting from the prefab that triggers it. The model definition format (in /def/world) of semaphores doesn't allow to set a dedicated "distance_type" either, so I'm out of ideas.

Any solution would be welcome: inheritance of the master prefab's distance setting, a special entry in the prefab's individual properties (kind of "prefab possessions distance") , a setting in the definition files, or to allow distance setting for such sub-models in the editor.
taoroot

#56 Post by taoroot » 28 Apr 2017 12:14

1. AI road lane width. It would help to create more real life looking roads. Now, one lane is 4.5m wide. It would great if it could be specified, e.g. in road_look.sii together with actual lane width.
2. Ability to import terrain from DEM, e.g. GeoTIFF files, to create real life lanscapes;)
3. Orthographic view in editor - this one is really needed:)

Thank you!
Mantrid

#57 Post by Mantrid » 01 Aug 2017 04:45

1. The ability to use the brush stamp on prefab terrain.
2. Having a bezier patch as a road terrain type (with nodes every x meters) to make custom terrain easier.
Rule [5.4.2]
Follow me on Twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/homburg
Join my Discord @ https://discord.gg/XbtnazF
HerpyDerpy22

#58 Post by HerpyDerpy22 » 28 Aug 2017 10:32

What about expanding on this in a way that would allow us to also create prefabs on the fly within the editor? For example you can highlight a set of roads, junctions, models, etc, open the options menu, and click a button called "create prefab". This will make it easier to create junctions and gas stations/rest stops where we would want absolute symmetry, and not spend up to an hour getting the details exact.
SimulatorSam wrote: 22 Mar 2017 15:58 How about being able to 'group' roads and prefabs together as one discoverable area on the map? (Like old prefabs, and enabled the same way as Compound Models)

For example, you could highlight prefabs and roads in a junction to make it so that if the player drives over any of the prefabs or road the whole thing will be discovered just like old prefabs. :)

This will help with 100% exploration, and annoying bits of road that you have to drive both sides to discover unlike regular roads. (Picture 3)
Neelyboss2

#59 Post by Neelyboss2 » 04 Oct 2017 03:03

It would be cool if yall would add Romania and the rest of eastern europe. Will that eventually come to be true?
retoucher

#60 Post by retoucher » 15 Oct 2017 07:45

It would be cool if you watch this video, because is this the future!

https://youtu.be/7D8WN8jaUfI

Many, many options, customizations, full 3d, very fast construction/editing, so this is a professional Map Editor tool, and i think that you must have totally redesign/recreate/reconcept your map editor, because the rival is very soon is here!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”