Wishlists Megathread

yuntree

Make it clear, please. Or is this my computer problem here.

#3341 Post by yuntree » 18 Dec 2019 02:49

Here I show you a picture. Can you distinguish something weird there?

[ external image ]

And I show the answer, which is also the problem I want to talk. Notice the game navigation (not truck) which I call it mode 2.
Compare the road and navigation. You can see that there should be stop icons of ETS2 at the front side.
However, they are too transparent to distinguish in my computer.
This problem can result in a trouble situation combining with the mode 2 navigation when two cross roads are close.
Mode 2 can sometimes confuse me with the distance before cross road. So I brake too late or go over it.

Or is it my computer's problem? I know my computer is at low performance level ( A10-5800K).
Ruward

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3342 Post by Ruward » 18 Dec 2019 12:09

The in truck gps is zoomed out. I use numpad 1 for that to change. I dont know if that is the standard button for that action.
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
grimes

#3343 Post by grimes » 18 Dec 2019 20:03

In the next update would be nice if SCS provided an attribute, perhaps in the terrain mat files or one of the def sii files that would allow us to remove coloured terrain added by the brush tool. Green, yellow or other coloured snow is not a good look in winter mods.
xCrazyDogx

#3344 Post by xCrazyDogx » 19 Dec 2019 17:42

Thing I would love (and most likely I will be in minority) :

You can change companyname but the profile name not, really prefer if game allows the profilename change.
Since with workarounds it can not be done anymore at the moment. So i have to choose between new profile and loose all progress (profile is 3+yrs old much time spent in it) or stick with name i so do not wanna see any longer.
Shark76

#3345 Post by Shark76 » 21 Dec 2019 13:41

Since the 1.36 game release with detours as ATS , SCS could add a message with a proximity detour like in ATS because when you approach at detours you need to take another route and the GPS don't inform you i don't know why in ATS this works perfectly but not in ETS2 .
A miss ?
Power is nothing without control
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shield.2310/
Mr Larrington

#3346 Post by Mr Larrington » 21 Dec 2019 23:40

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please teach the slackwitted AI vehicles how roundabouts work!
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Bandit & The Snowman

#3347 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 22 Dec 2019 02:25

apple apple apple worm apple? :D
Can you describe what's wrong? Location is important because traffic rules vary from country to country. (Priority, blinking etc.)
DICEEE
Beta tester

#3348 Post by DICEEE » 22 Dec 2019 07:45

If he is talking about AI being kamikaze in roundabouts and switching from 2nd lane to first obliverating you, that should be a good fix
Bandit & The Snowman

#3349 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 22 Dec 2019 09:21

At least they don’t switch back and forth like on other roads :)
I’m sure the AI is following some rules here that he hasn’t realized yet. Perhaps observe them for a while. I hope he can specify what he has encountered though.
Some newbie driver

#3350 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Dec 2019 10:40

Usually AI follow the roundabout rules better than the usual IRL counterparts. :roll:

But it's true that, sometimes, when I am on the exterior lane of a 2 lanes roundabout, they come fast from the interior lane and exit the roundabout just in front of my truck.

As far as I see, the main problem of the AI is that it can't check our position and trajectory continuously, but every few moments (1 or 2 seconds, an eternity for CPUs running at gigahertz ratios) and with a certain margin of error in the predictions. That works well enough in roads but not for roundabouts, because distances between vehicles are shorter and lanes more packed. And of course, if you have the right blinker on (in non-UK roundabouts), have for sure that the AI will consider that you are going to take the next exit for the exterior lane so the AI will consider as safe maneuver to exit too from the exterior lane.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”