Wishlists Megathread

Aziz

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4061 Post by Aziz » 13 Nov 2021 19:53

Well... Pleaaaaaase, add a service station, or at least a rest stop on A7 in Germany, somewhere between intersections with A71 and A96. That's a long bit of road with nowhere to sleep if you don't want to take a large detour. In fact, a gap between a rest stop in Erfurt and the next one on A96 nearby Austrain border, if you're going for the alpine road in Switzerland, is almost 7 hours. I agree that some planning is needed on long journeys, but that's a bit much. Especially when after that, there are three stops within an hour of driving.
Also while I'm at it, a gas station between Grimsby, UK and Rotterdam. It can even be in the port if it's going to be remodeled. Can be dangerous on shorter routes like Amsterdam-Grimsby-Rotterdam. I think I should expect to get some fuel at least once every several hundred kilometers.
krmarci

#4062 Post by krmarci » 14 Nov 2021 08:19

Aziz wrote: 13 Nov 2021 19:53 [...]
Also while I'm at it, a gas station between Grimsby, UK and Rotterdam. It can even be in the port if it's going to be remodeled. Can be dangerous on shorter routes like Amsterdam-Grimsby-Rotterdam. I think I should expect to get some fuel at least once every several hundred kilometers.
Don't you get rest on the ferry? Oh, I see. The problem is fuel, not rest.
plykkegaard

#4063 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Nov 2021 08:29

Yeah some places you need to plan a little ahead
Don't expect to refuel when you need
Are you able to buy a garage to get a refueling point?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#4064 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Nov 2021 08:56

The Grimsby/Rotterdam one suffers from the old design policy of no fuel stations in cities. I think there could be room for one easily on the small secondary road detour just out of Grimsby. The possibility to purchase a high tier garage is always there; but not everybody can or want it when the need to refuel arrives.

An the German A7 it's clearly a case that nobody noticed how far one can drive by there with no fuel station. They counted only cases in which we take exist to other roads. There's some others out there but I don't remember other as long as this one, indeed.

Regards
plykkegaard

#4065 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Nov 2021 09:02

IIRC never had problems with refueling in Germany
I wish the game had closing hours on servicestations it would make it more interesting

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4066 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 14 Nov 2021 09:13

Gas stations just need advertising boards that say “last gas station before xyz” like in real life, and you’ll never forget again :)
Some newbie driver

#4067 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Nov 2021 10:49

plykkegaard wrote: 14 Nov 2021 09:02IIRC never had problems with refueling in Germany
I wish the game had closing hours on servicestations it would make it more interesting
The problem Aziz talked about that stretch on Germany was about resting. The part of fuel is always our fault, after all the warning of low fuel give us still a good amount of KM before ending empty.

The problem with fuel he mentioned about that UK/Netherlands happens because one can go forth and back doing jobs without exiting the cities (and port combinations). While any gas station in the zone are very far away out of the city and also force us to still go far away in order to return back to the city. Annoying detour indeed if you have to do such a detour to refill.

The point about closing hours I would like it, if not for gas stations at least for companies; lots of them have no sense there will be 24h open ready for us to come. And the map UI should be able to show that info then. Could be the same kind of change like times for ferry travels like so many times has been requested. But all of those are details that I doubt they add unless they want to really separate the game in the "arcade" mode and the more "hard mode".

Regards
plykkegaard

#4068 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Nov 2021 11:56

Ah yeas resting this I disabled a long time ago, playing for an hour or so occasionaly I really don't need it :D
Driving for long hours resting is a good opportunity to stretch the legs make myself a cop of coffee in the kitchen

Should have a side table with a boiler and instant coffee to keep the immersion but ... :)

Aziz

#4069 Post by Aziz » 14 Nov 2021 12:29

Buying a garage is an option, sure, but it also means spending a ton of money (agreed, I can earn it back after two deliveries) to get a station when I'm there maybe once in a hundred years.
About Germany, yes indeed it is about resting. There's a long stretch of road with no place to stop, and there are either two options, go to sleep when it says 7 hours until rest, or lose time trying to find a rest stop on other roads.
plykkegaard

#4070 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Nov 2021 12:46

Refuel and rest before taking a new delivery, requires some planning
Quite early in the the game progress you have more money than you can spend in a lifetime, garages can be used strategic, eg in case of missing service stations or rest stops

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”