Wishlists Megathread

Some newbie driver

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4051 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Nov 2021 22:32

swetrucker wrote: 04 Nov 2021 17:41I have never seen a truck with Russian trailer as long as I lived my 32 years in Sweden. Very uncommon seeing a truck company going between Spain and Sweden as well.
Every day I take the highway in Northern Spain to do some trip I cross trucks from everywhere on Europe. From our neighbors France and Portugal to places like Russia (a lot of them), Latvia, Sweden; Norway, Turkey... (at least i know 2 big companies doing regular lines from there, for example). Trucks are crossing Europe in every direction every day in the numbers of hundreds of thousands.

You just maybe move for places out of main logistic routes or maybe when you are t the road you have better or more important things to point your attention other than to look where those trucks you cross come from.

And apart of that, Romanian tractors pulling Spanish trailers somebody said? Seen every day, lots of those in the reefer hauling industry. Yes, the plate distribution system of the game is simplistic.

Regards
Laqueesha

#4052 Post by Laqueesha » 06 Nov 2021 09:53

Quick traveling should elapse the time a bit, like is done in some RPGs.
plykkegaard

#4053 Post by plykkegaard » 06 Nov 2021 10:25

I assume it was set to zero due to the convoy implementation
Bad design choice imo, traveling takes time

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
dsf.fernando

#4054 Post by dsf.fernando » 07 Nov 2021 22:56

If driving school is implemented, why not also implement optional driving assists like this?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
PLANET_XYZ

#4055 Post by PLANET_XYZ » 09 Nov 2021 16:23

Decal System?

There is a few games that already feature something like this, such as Armored Warfare or War Thunder.

So you can put logos or texts onto truck and trailer but with much more control and over the paint job.
Either a system with fixed points (as in Armored Warfare), as it is with accessories right now or a "place, scale and rotate" system, where you can just put decals anywhere (as in War Thunder).

Give it a system where you can put on the company logo you chose at profile creation, a simple text tool (font from the windows font folder, size in pts and simple attributes like underlined, bold and italic) and/or a custom icon feature where you can choose from png's you copied into a specific folder in the ETS2 directory.

Would make truck customization so much cooler and the possibilities get endless. Everyone loves to show off their individual fictive brand.
When further going into detail with this feature in terms of possible developments, you can do so much in the direction of mirrored placements, controlling the layers (behind specific accessories like bull bars), transparency effect for windows or giving them specific looks (worn off, metallic, etc)

(Example, there are these blind spot stickers and "friends on the road" stickers that I see more often lately IRL and I'd love to have those on my truck, but making extra paint jobs is overwhelming, especially when I want them on an already existing paint job)
RebelModding

#4056 Post by RebelModding » 10 Nov 2021 06:38

Tobrago has a mod that adds those stickers: Signs on your truck.

A bit off topic but Just to help you.

I like the Idea of having your own decals, but there also should be An option to place them on your window
Ivanko1

#4057 Post by Ivanko1 » 11 Nov 2021 10:16

How about some Truck Driver School for BASIC traffic rules, implemented in game, or standalobne like STDS.
It can be also as tutorial, when you will not be able to make first delivery or by own truck - you need to get Commercial Driver License first, after finishing all tutorial.
It can be optional, switchsble, maybe even like DLC.)
Playing from ETS1, but still can't make roundabouts 100% right, specially in UK.)
plykkegaard

#4058 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Nov 2021 13:09

Driving school has been announced

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
krmarci

#4059 Post by krmarci » 11 Nov 2021 14:59

@plykkegaard Where? Or are you talking about the announcement from last Christmas? (Not this one.)
plykkegaard

#4060 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Nov 2021 15:29

A stream, sorry I can't reacall which

Seach google eg
[driving school site:https://forum.scssoft.com]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”