Wishlists Megathread

MrAbner

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4171 Post by MrAbner » 31 Mar 2022 20:26

You guys keep saying that. I don't think the word means what you think it means.

Inertia: An object will continue to be in the state of rest or in a state of motion unless an external force acts on it.
Ruward

#4172 Post by Ruward » 01 Apr 2022 06:32

bezelder wrote: 16 Mar 2022 21:58 I just wanted inertia on this game!

trucks dont gain speed going downhill as they should
nothing more nothing less
wato wrote: 31 Mar 2022 15:32 I agree, trucks don't feel very heavy. But I'm not sure that it's because of the simulated forces.
I rather think that it's because mountains are way smaller and slopes shorter due to the map scale.

Also, the roads are too smooth and the suspension is intentionally a bit too stiff to cater to keyboard players and simulation stability.
On top of that, ETS is lacking camera movement according to the forces on the virtual driver's head (compare to TramSim, e.g., that does a good job at this).

Would be great if at least the smooth roads and the camera movement could be addressed.

Check your gameplay settings, you may have automatic enige braking on or something, or you're using cruisecontrol with a retarder gearbox.

I play with a steering wheel and shifter, I do feel heavy loads with the truck, I really need to downshift in oder not to stall on hills, and I need to use engine braking and the retarder to prevent gaining too much speed downhill.

If this is not helping for you, try not to choose the biggest engines. In case you're not using the 700+ hp engines and still don't feel like enough of a challenge you could try the drivetrain revision mods by Galimim
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
wato

#4173 Post by wato » 01 Apr 2022 08:18

Don't know why you quoted me there, seeing as you're not addressing anything I said.
Ruward

#4174 Post by Ruward » 01 Apr 2022 08:52

wato wrote: 31 Mar 2022 15:32 I agree, trucks don't feel very heavy. But I'm not sure that it's because of the simulated forces.
I rather think that it's because mountains are way smaller and slopes shorter due to the map scale.
Ruward wrote: 01 Apr 2022 06:32 I play with a steering wheel and shifter, I do feel heavy loads with the truck, I really need to downshift in oder not to stall on hills, and I need to use engine braking and the retarder to prevent gaining too much speed downhill.
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
Optional Features

#4175 Post by Optional Features » 01 Apr 2022 08:52

MrAbner wrote: 31 Mar 2022 20:26 You guys keep saying that. I don't think the word means what you think it means.

Inertia: An object will continue to be in the state of rest or in a state of motion unless an external force acts on it.
Perhaps a better word is potential energy. A heavy truck at the top of a big hill possesses a ton of potential energy and will reach terrifying downhill speeds without engine braking and in some cases service braking as well.

This game doesn't offer that. You gain a little speed in spots, but there's never a feeling you're holding on by the skin of your teeth. And excessive speed downhill, which spells injury and death irl, just means you'll get to your green delivery box faster.

Take a video like this for example: the concepts present just don't exist in game. There is no brake fade or overheating, and speed gains are minimal at best. No one has ever had to realistically battle a runaway truck in this game.

https://youtu.be/w0LV00woXsY
wato

#4176 Post by wato » 01 Apr 2022 09:44

@Ruward, I don't disagree with that. I could have maybe been more specific in saying that it may feel like the forces are not properly simulated due to map scale, but I believe they actually are fairly accurately simulated.
I went on to give additional factors, why subjectively the trucks may not feel as heavy as the real thing - visually.
plykkegaard

#4177 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Apr 2022 09:50

As said before consider the downsizing to 1:20 scale :)

IIRC you have a long fairly straight piece maybe from LA to Tucson over Phoenix?
Put it in neutral and you have reach +100 mph at the bottom

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Ruward

#4178 Post by Ruward » 01 Apr 2022 10:07

@wato I understand you now
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
wato

#4179 Post by wato » 01 Apr 2022 10:09

All good.
MrAbner

#4180 Post by MrAbner » 01 Apr 2022 20:43

seriousmods wrote: 01 Apr 2022 08:52
MrAbner wrote: 31 Mar 2022 20:26 You guys keep saying that. I don't think the word means what you think it means.

Perhaps a better word is potential energy. A heavy truck at the top of a big hill possesses a ton of potential energy and will reach terrifying downhill speeds without engine braking and in some cases service braking as well.

This game doesn't offer that. You gain a little speed in spots, but there's never a feeling you're holding on by the skin of your teeth. And excessive speed downhill, which spells injury and death irl, just means you'll get to your green delivery box faster.

Take a video like this for example: the concepts present just don't exist in game. There is no brake fade or overheating, and speed gains are minimal at best. No one has ever had to realistically battle a runaway truck in this game.

https://youtu.be/w0LV00woXsY
Maybe you should heed Ruward's advice, and put away the 750 hp engines, and transmissions with retarders, and try something around 300-400 hp. And maybe take a science class or two, and stop watching so much TV.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”