Wishlists Megathread

GaborBartal

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#21 Post by GaborBartal » 05 Aug 2014 18:30

I just want to reply to the person who suggested a Logitech colalboration.
At first it really is a crazy idea, on second thought, there is no suitable steering wheel out there for driving trucks/buses (900 or 1020 degrees are still too low).

So it's not crazy to imagine such a collaboration happening, but maybe for a big dev company.. the potential sales for hardcore ETS2 gamers would be way small.

But if it happened... it would be nice, the steering wheel mount angle could be changed - from normal (car) to almost horizontal (bus). It would certainly add to the feeling. I would buy it
https://www.facebook.com/photorealistic
My hyperrealism graphite art

jpm1

Re: few ideas

#22 Post by jpm1 » 05 Aug 2014 20:08

not sure this is what i'm looking for , i would like to be able to open garage door using a key . in other words to totally control the garage doors . i'll test this anyway

Cadde
Global moderator

#23 Post by Cadde » 05 Aug 2014 23:23

Giants Software have probed about on the possibility of making a wheel suited for their game.
http://www.farming-simulator.com/surveyWheel.php

So the idea isn't crazy at all.
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK...

GaborBartal

#24 Post by GaborBartal » 05 Aug 2014 23:39

Well I'll be damned!
Quick, get Pavel and everyone on this idea, this would be revolutionary :)

legitstickman

#25 Post by legitstickman » 06 Aug 2014 01:45

Woah. Is the gearstick-looking thing a gearstick or for controlling loader arms?
Trillium Haulage
Volvo Fleet
Garages in Aberdeen, Innsbruck, and Gdansk

"There are two kinds of truckers, those who slow at yellow and those who gun it"

Cadde
Global moderator

#26 Post by Cadde » 06 Aug 2014 09:09

The rightmost stick is most likely a joystick. They could of course add an H-shifter plate underneath that one can "activate" to turn it into an H-Shifter.
But yeah, most modern tractors have some sort of joystick in the cab to control hydraulics with.
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK...

jarvik79

#27 Post by jarvik79 » 06 Aug 2014 11:24

The one thing that I'd love to see (I can't find anything on searching and I don't recall this coming up before) is the ability to save your customised truck as a preset in the dealer.
For example, you spend 15 mins customising your perfect truck in the dealer shop, and go to buy it.... only you find you're €1,000 short. So you exit the dealer, go do a job and come back.... and it's gone, and you have to build the customisation all over again.

Or you have a fleet of 3 trucks in your medium garage, all customised to the same - you then expand your garage to the large 5-slot and want to buy two more trucks.... having that preset customisation available ready at the dealer would make it painless.

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#28 Post by abasstreppas » 06 Aug 2014 12:06

+1 to that Jarvik. I don't now how many time I've been building my truck, just to realise that when I'm done I got no space in my garage :lol:

Karloe

#29 Post by Karloe » 06 Aug 2014 13:17

+1 on jarvik79 "save customized Truck" preset @ Dealer.

(my local nicotine- and alcohol dealers know my preferences and numbers, saves shopping time :P )

GaborBartal

#30 Post by GaborBartal » 06 Aug 2014 14:10

Especially that we don't care about employee trucks (or if you do, you shouldn't, truck modifications make no difference to earnings).
So most of the time, I guess, what we do is we get the cheapest truck possible. So why do it over and over again, a "profile" or "save" or "slot" would be great.

i.e. I usually buy Volvos - it's like 105k, not the cheapest but the new model FH16, with a better engine (even if it makes no difference, the cost is not much).

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”