OFFICIAL MULTIPLAYER

Axel Slingerland

Re: OFFICIAL MULTIPLAYER

#21 Post by Axel Slingerland » 27 Mar 2017 01:14

room217au wrote:by the way Axel, the internet is just a big LAN :)
Not really. The letters in LAN stand for Local Area Network. The Internet, basically stated, is a worldwide public WAN, which is a Wide Area Network. It's actually a lot more complicated than that, but that's a good way to word it...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
San_Sany4

#22 Post by San_Sany4 » 05 Apr 2017 20:12

I prefer SP. I was sceptical before TruckersMP release and in first stages, because there were a lot of community issues. Like when 3-4 trucks in a row were speeding wrong way on autobahns, making wide unavoidable ram, mostly they were Brazilians. Sometimes people didn't ram just for fun, but if you displease them (like not giving way to Their Royal Highnessessness) they felt the urge to "teach you manners". And lags, awful lot of lags. I tried MP back then, confirmed my scepticism and forgot about it for a long time.

But not so long ago I started to communicate with one steam friend of mine, and we started to drive together in MP. Talking through steam voice chat, usually having matching trucks or paintworks, we pick the same cargo from WoTr and just drive. Mostly, we don't have any troubles. We play on EU#1 server, it's speed-limited so it's less popular than other servers. We mostly stick to the far-east part of the map – Sweden and Poland, sometimes other Scandinavian and East Europe countries. This heavily reduces the chances to meet other players – statistically there's more in the centre, plus not everyone has DLCs. Our roads are empty 95% of time and we have almost no problems with idiots because there isn't any. Seriously, we ourselves were the idiots more often. However, even that rare times we drove through Western Germany we had few to none trouble.

And I can say, the progress made by MP team is huge. But for me this MMO format is superfluous. I never was a part of convoy and I don't want to try. I like to drive with my friend and I'd like to drive with my friend only. MP works well enough, but I don't need all this people around. For me, the best variant would be co-op with friends or dedicated server. Maybe even my own server. No more than 10 players, and traffic consisting of AI instead of strangers. That would be awesome. I still prefer singleplayer. I love driving on my own. However, I'd like to see multiplayer, co-op style.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
dkasper00

#23 Post by dkasper00 » 06 Apr 2017 01:10

I used to play mp but because of the people who insist on driving like fools, I have decided to not bother with mp in ETS2 if I want to deal with fools in ETS2, I'd rather deal with the AI. :D
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Axel Slingerland

#24 Post by Axel Slingerland » 06 Apr 2017 03:46

That's why I never bothered with it in the first place.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Fender

#25 Post by Fender » 07 May 2017 12:12

Me also I'd like to have a offical multiplayer ETS2/ATS but I think no need SCS Servers for do it.
It can possible make the possibility for user to create a "Lobby" (private for invite only, or pubblic for everyone) like Codemaster did for F1 games,
or better, make a new server function that use any computer to create server indipendent from ETS2/ATS like Assetto Corsa use.
Users can be choose where activate servers (own or rent a cheap servers with private Admin users) and make more great experience with driving
(correctly) with who respect rules and others drivers.

Regards
Dan

#26 Post by Dan » 07 May 2017 12:28

That`s basically p2p (peer-to-peer) and a recent game which had shown us p2p should no longer exist is For Honor
tobrago

#27 Post by tobrago » 07 May 2017 12:41

My opinion, I do not want to see multiplayer in ETS2 / ATS.
I look at joutube and it's a real horror, hitting each other can not be driven normally.
If you ever plan to make multiplayer SCS. Then propose strict rules of driving. To test the driving, to strictly respect the driving rules.
;)
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Grimples

#28 Post by Grimples » 07 May 2017 13:20

Never tried MP (it's Steam only afaik) but i do think SCS should implement the ability to use personal servers.
I play Hidden and Dangerous 2 MP & all servers are now personal servers. No more GameSpy, they stopped hosting the game a few year ago, but the game has the ability for players to set up their own personal servers, be it from their own PC or dedicated hosted servers paid for by players. These servers have the ability to set passwords, if you dont have the password you dont get in. Am sure SCS could implement this into the game if they can implement online jobs. GTASA MP has the same design & these two games are now almost ancient.

(edit)
noticed a typo
Last edited by Grimples on 08 May 2017 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Blackspots

#29 Post by Blackspots » 07 May 2017 22:35

Grimples: Multiplayer is not steam only (its not on steam at all), its located here http://www.truckersmp.com
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Grimples

#30 Post by Grimples » 08 May 2017 00:44

TY ShirBlackspots but i dont think i will ever try MP until SCS give us the ability to create our own personal password protected servers.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”