3%
Comment
No votes

Total votes: 36

room217au

Re: Jobs Search Bar

#11 Post by room217au » 20 May 2017 11:30

it's a game. No more. No less.
In the real world, you take the jobs that customers ask you to do. Not a real lot of choice unless you want to go broke holding out for "that" job.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
juizzysquirt

#12 Post by juizzysquirt » 20 May 2017 12:07

It's still a game that tries it's best to be SIMULATOR. As an owner-operator in game, you just have much more available contracts than IRL. It's still completely different thing than creating the jobs for yourself, which is too much of a cheat for me to use continuously. ;)

And there's always possibility your save might corrupt, as it's modifying them outside of the game which is really hacky way to begin with. Granted, it's only one file and it makes backups IIRC.
Takahashi

#13 Post by Takahashi » 22 May 2017 01:02

juizzysquirt wrote:Using Virtual Speditor really breaks immersion for me. It's essentially cheating, as you're creating the jobs yourself instead of choosing what you get from game's economy. It's still great for getting cargo for destinations that are really rare, but I prefer using ingame job market. Though I'd wish we could queue jobs like with the mod.
So you like the function of Virtual Speditor, but won't use it because it is like "cheating," but if it were a game feature, you would use it? Interesting.

Anyway, back on topic. Jobs Search Bar approve! :)
Last edited by Takahashi on 24 May 2017 04:23, edited 2 times in total.
ah, is it morning already?
[ external image ][ external image ]
Attempted update of Hino Profia from years ago. One could call it my first mod.
juizzysquirt

#14 Post by juizzysquirt » 22 May 2017 03:23

I didn't say that. I said I've only use that mod to get cargo to destinations that are really rare, but I'd like to see one specific feature of the mod included in the main game - queuing the jobs beforehand.

In any case, the search feature OP suggested seems like a good idea.
ThunderSky

#15 Post by ThunderSky » 22 May 2017 06:58

I always use Virtual Speditor for "realistics cargo" by using this ETS2 & ATS Wikia Link
Don't say "ETS2 Economy and cargoes are realistics" because isn't. It's realistic to find an Icecream cargo at the Quarry? ahah. And with the time multiplier 1/4 i can make less money. €10.000 instead of €40.000.

Like this:
Truck Tyres from Gomme Du Monde to Scania (Scandinavia) then Empty Paletts to a close logistics company.
or
Car Tyres to Scout then heavy metals to somewere they can be recicled.

Isn't Cheating.
Takahashi

#16 Post by Takahashi » 24 May 2017 04:21

Yes, but for the record, you did say that...
juizzysquirt wrote:Using Virtual Speditor really breaks immersion for me. It's essentially cheating, as you're creating the jobs yourself instead of choosing what you get from game's economy. It's still great for getting cargo for destinations that are really rare, but I prefer using ingame job market. Though I'd wish we could queue jobs like with the mod.
ah, is it morning already?
[ external image ][ external image ]
Attempted update of Hino Profia from years ago. One could call it my first mod.
juizzysquirt

#17 Post by juizzysquirt » 24 May 2017 19:37

@Takahashi

Yes, that's right. Just like popping out console in developer mode and teleporting to different city, instead of fast travel (if you own garage there) or driving to location. I'm not forbidding or disapproving anyone from playing the game how they want, I'm just saying that using external mod to create contract instead of choosing one from what's available on the market isn't very appealing for me, even if cargoes and destinations are realistic. I didn't mean to sound offensive, sorry if I did.
Steve Pitts

#18 Post by Steve Pitts » 05 Jun 2017 20:26

ThunderSky wrote: 22 May 2017 06:58It's realistic to find an Icecream cargo at the Quarry?
I have never seen anything quite as nonsensical as that and I see no way with the base game for it to be possible.
Cheers, Steve
ThunderSky

#19 Post by ThunderSky » 14 Aug 2017 18:39

The Ice cream was a WoT job, maybe WoT was bugged ahha.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#20 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Aug 2017 18:41

I've never worked in a quarry, but if I did I would certainly want there to be ice cream.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”