Adjusting trailer suspension stroke

Do you want to see adjustable suspension stroke?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5

Calzone

Adjusting trailer suspension stroke

#1 Post by Calzone » 23 Jun 2017 19:05

Now we have heavier cargos, steerable and liftable axles there is only one logical feature missing for me, namely adjustable suspension stroke of the trailer. Seeing that heavy cargo's are often heavy machinery used at construction sites, these heavy cargo trailers will have to conquer rough terrain from time to time. This rough terrain is also available in ETS2 with the likes of the quarries or MVM. The shorter, 3 axled lowbed trailers currently in the game will not have much problems with these locations, but the longer the cargo will get, the harder it will be to get over the uneven terrain. As an example, an 8 axle trailer at a normal ride height won't be able to reach any of the unloading spots at MVM. To be honest, I think the 2 Heavy Cargo DLC trailers would be struggling too.

In real life, heavy cargo trailers have the option to change the ride height of the trailer to help them getting over hills or uneven terrain and to prevent them from getting stuck on the ground. They have a certain, predertemined height in which they can be used to drive highway speeds, but at slower speeds, often 20 km/h or below, the trailers can be lowered or raised a certain height. In ETS2 we have liftable axles, which kind of do the same thing, but in the opposite direction. I've already tried misusing this feature to make the "lifted axles" mode the normal ride height so the trailer would raise by unlifting, but for some reason you, SCS, chose to make the wheels "unrollable" in lifted mode, which isn't the case on trucks as far as I know.

So what I would like to see as a heavy cargo fan is the option to "reverse" the liftable axles, so I and other modders, or even SCS can make longer, more challenging loads. For me, it would be enough to just have 2 different ride heights, just the way lift axles work at the moment, with the steering axles still working in both modes.

Hopefully you will be adding this feature to completely finish the Heavy Cargo experience :)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8G / AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000MHz DDR4 / Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W / Asrock B450 Gaming K4 / Fractal Design Define S

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”