FH4 interior fix/rework

Reworking the interior to match reality?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 96

Yukine

FH4 interior fix/rework

#1 Post by Yukine » 05 Jul 2017 14:14

Hello, I'm here to suggest a change about the Volvo FH4.
Please note that I'm speaking about my own opinion, what I may say doesn't not reflect everybody's opinion.

The current interior seems not scaled properly and looks oppressed, it also doesn't match at all with the exterior as you can see on pictures.
That problem is about appearance, feeling and actually technical.

-Technical first: The collision doesn't match obviously due to the size, you can hit something while you centimetres away. Also the sitting position is obviously not the same too.
It kills the realistic aspect of precision driving and manoeuvres.

-About aesthetic and feeling: The interior is not matching with the exterior and doesn't look like a real Volvo FH. Even if it was approved by the manufacturer.
While the seats and steering wheel looks correct the whole cabin is compacted including the dashboard and the windshield which are the most seen elements.
For a casual player it may not make any difference but for a more dedicated player it kills the feeling of driving a truck.

Also please note that the Globetrotter XL cabin share its interior with the Globetrotter cabin, which is not correct.

Here's some reference screenshots to illustrate my saying taken under Blender and SCS Blender Tools (click to enlarge).

[ external image ]
volvofh4interiorcomparaison by Bruno Girod, sur Flickr

Thank you for reading me. Have a good day!
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
k_badam

Re: FH4 interior fix/rework

#2 Post by k_badam » 05 Jul 2017 14:47

I agree, it is pretty wonky
mrpotsilog22

#3 Post by mrpotsilog22 » 04 Aug 2017 10:39

Does Ohaha's New Volvo FH have this kind of problem too?
Yukine

#4 Post by Yukine » 05 Aug 2017 01:41

It does.
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
Reef

#5 Post by Reef » 05 Aug 2017 01:58

Hmmm, I wonder how this equates to the other brands too (DAFs for example), I always feel a bit cramped no matter what brand I drive, I always have to set a larger FOV than I'd like which tends to give the game more of a fish-eye view, but you are right on the FH in your example that is a poor marry up, would be interesting to know if there is an actual reason behind it or whether it was just a case of "meh, that'll do, no one will notice anyway" lol.
Yukine

#6 Post by Yukine » 15 Aug 2017 13:03

The strange thing about the DAF 106 is that the exterior looks stretched up and the interior dashboard is half.. trashed?
The whole dashboard is not centred and the panel around the gauge cluster is not okay (not even aligned with the rest of the dashboard, and a few centimètres off).

For the Actros MP4, the driver seat and steering column (so the steering wheel too) are misaligned (compared to a lot of real life MP4 pictures).

I will start to pray to not get anything like that with the new Scania generation. :roll:
Tarso
Beta tester

#7 Post by Tarso » 15 Aug 2017 13:08

The other trucks in game have the same "problem"?

The only plausible justification for this being intentional is to shorten the opposite side mirror distance and it won't be too far from in-cab view
Yukine

#8 Post by Yukine » 15 Aug 2017 13:20

I don't recall seeing that problem on other trucks. Each (not speaking of the base trucks) seems to have their own issues, sadly.

I wonder how the artists and the manufacturer itself could let that pass without notice.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#9 Post by Wolfi » 15 Aug 2017 13:30

The biggest issue here is - the internal interior is actually totally misshaped when compared to the external one. I've seen it on the premium. The ext interior is 1.2 times wider and about 1.1 times shorter than the internal one. I guess the same transfers for most trucks, that's why they look so wonky inside.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Yukine

#10 Post by Yukine » 15 Aug 2017 14:52

Here's some things that catch my attention. Of course I'm not here to blame, just to make people notice.

[ external image ]
1 by Bruno Girod, sur Flickr
[ external image ]
2 by Bruno Girod, sur Flickr

Compared to real life pictures:

1 Not aligned with the other part, the right side (LHD interior, of course) is aligned.
2 Driver seat seems to be in wrong position (or the dashboard), I can't even imagine the driver's back after a week of work in that position.
3 I don't really know what happened here, on the upper part. Gauges seems misaligned.
4 Whole part (cluster/steering column/dashboard panel) looks going down-left.
5 Weird looking part.

Here's too some screenshots from Blender, the steering wheel is also too big (not shown).
[ external image ]
3 by Bruno Girod, sur Flickr

That kind of issues seems to tell a message about people not being dedicated to their job. Once again, I'm not here to blame people or judge.
Personally it's the same issues that breaks the gameplay. Of course nothing is made to be a 100% replica at the millimetre but some things could be avoided.

In my own opinion, fixing things cannot hurt either the players or the appreciation of truck manufacturers.

Thanks for reading, have a good day!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”