European Flag missing from window flags.

Alberto04

Re: European Flag missing from window flags.

#21 Post by Alberto04 » 06 Jan 2018 19:43

The idea is "why not? after all the game is named EURO (Truck Simulator 2)". They didn't said that only those countries from IOS list deserve to be there. Myself, I will download the Steam Workshop MOD, but it will be nice to have a official flag, included in DLC.
P.S: Everyone is free to judge however he/she/(it :D ) want.
xXCARL1992Xx

#22 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Jan 2018 20:10

the EURO mean European not European union

European Truck Simulator not European Union Truck Simulator
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#23 Post by bobgrey1997 » 07 Jan 2018 00:34

This has gotten out of hand. The original topic was the fact that the EU flag is not in-game with the National Flags DLC. The reason for the flag not being included has been stated multiple times in multiple ways by multiple people. The right or wrong behind the reasons for it not being added are off-topic. The original topic has been answered, can we just leave it at that.
I understand that some people would rather have it, and it may seem like a rather simple thing for SCS to add, but the legality of adding such a symbol in a paid DLC (or even free, for that matter) gets rather complicated. Fortunately, someone was kind enough to mod it in for free (even though, it is still not legal, due to trademark, copyright, ownership, etc. laws, depending on region).
Any further discussion on this only serves to anger others. The situation at hand has been answered/solved.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#24 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Jan 2018 09:57

bobgrey1997 wrote: 07 Jan 2018 00:34The right or wrong behind the reasons for it not being added are off-topic.
I disagree wholeheartedly. I would say it's about as on-topic as it is possible to be. It's directly related to the original post.
bobgrey1997 wrote: 07 Jan 2018 00:34... the legality of adding such a symbol in a paid DLC (or even free, for that matter) gets rather complicated.
Not that complicated. 99.9% of all flags are too old to be protected by copyright or they have long since expired. The only flag(s) I know of in the world that are protected are the Australian Aboriginal Flag and the Torres Strait Islander Flag and that is because it was created in 1992. Even then I believe it would be allowed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Fair Dealings) to be used in the DLC. As far as the EU flag goes, it was created in 1955 so its copyright is also expired assuming it was protected to begin with.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SiSL
SCS Software

#25 Post by SiSL » 07 Jan 2018 11:12

I'm not against having EU flag, UN flag etc. as long as it is not any other military establishments like NATO. Although those are not NATIONS despite what OP thinks, and does not fit within DLC title. May be part of Cabin Accessories DLC or base game, but not National Flags DLC.

Heat started with "gimmi gimmi gimmi WHY O' WHY" cries :D

Made the point of whole difference between requesting vs. demanding...
vuurdraak

#26 Post by vuurdraak » 07 Jan 2018 12:28

@BlackBloodRum Nice flag thingy I didn't know it was there, but it doesn't solve my issue, because if the EU flag was inside the standard windows flag DLC then people could see it in the multiplayer, home made flags that are not part of the official SCS DLC's will never show up in the multiplayer, even worse mods are not allowed in the multiplayer, so even if I only wanted to see the EU flag for my self, I'm not allowed to use the EU flag mod in the multiplayer.

And this is also why I would like the flag inside the window flag DLC, and not in an exclusive separate DLC that no one will buy, because if it's in the general windows flag DLC, everybody in the multiplayer can see it.

@Copyrights, any notion that the flag is somehow copyrighted is complete and utter nonsense, the flag is in the Public Domain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_E ... Europe.svg
SiSL
SCS Software

#27 Post by SiSL » 07 Jan 2018 12:38

We all guessed it is a multiplayer thing from the attitude boy, no worries.
vuurdraak

#28 Post by vuurdraak » 07 Jan 2018 12:40

@SiSL the only person with a really annoying attitude, who post to create hatred as a true forum troll is you :D
Last edited by vuurdraak on 07 Jan 2018 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#29 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Jan 2018 12:41

of course is the EU Flag copyrighted
Copyright

Any natural or legal person (‘user') may use the European emblem or any of its elements, subject to the following conditions of use.

Conditions of use

The use of the European emblem and/or any of its elements is allowed, irrespective of whether the use is of a non-profit or commercial nature, unless:

(a) the use creates the incorrect impression or assumption that there is a connection between the user and any of the institutions, bodies, offices, agencies and organs of the European Union or the Council of Europe;

(b) the use leads the public to believe erroneously that the user benefits from the support, sponsorship, approval or consent of any of the institutions, bodies, offices, agencies and organs of the European Union or the Council of Europe;

(c) the use is in connection with any objective or activity which is incompatible with the aims and principles of the European Union or of the Council of Europe, or which would be otherwise unlawful.

Trade mark and related issues

The use of the European emblem in accordance with the conditions in the previous section does not mean consent to registration of the emblem or an imitation thereof as a trade mark or any other IP right. The European Commission (embl@ec.europa.eu) and the Council of Europe (legal.advice@coe.int) will continue the monitoring of applications for registration of the European emblem or part thereof as (part of) IP rights, in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
https://www.coe.int/en/web/about-us/the-european-flag
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
vuurdraak

#30 Post by vuurdraak » 07 Jan 2018 12:45

@carl1992 The fact that the flag is copied by Wikipedia and stated as in the Public Domain, means that when going to a judge, the judge will see the flag as being in the public domain, or else the EU would need to go to court to stop Wikipedia from using the flag, in not doing so the flag effectively is in the public domain, because copyrights are no longer valid if you do not actively defend those rights.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”