New to ETS 2, steam user.

pe2dave

New to ETS 2, steam user.

#1 Post by pe2dave » 17 Aug 2017 17:24

New to driving games, bought steam controller with ETS 2.
Trial and error I found a setup that works (more luck than good judgement).
Earned 100,000 then lost wireless connection with controller.
In setting it up wired 'something' happened.

Current situation.

Spent approx 4 hours on logical combinations of in game config options (setup/controller / top two and 'sub' option).
12 combinations tried, response in cab is either two slow + carries on turning after I stopped moving the controller,
or just too twitchy to use.

Promising ones tried further adjusting feedback, sensitivity and non-linearity.

The game (for me) is now unplayable.

Feature request. Would SCS please provide (in game) a 'standard' (documented) configuration and required steam settings (is it xbox?) which produces a working simulation of steering
using the gyro?

fyi, Dirt 4 works well, linear steering, no excess, not jittery.

Sorry, I really like ETS 2, (suits my age :- ) and would like to get it working with the steam controller.

TiA Dave
Myxtro

Re: New to ETS 2, steam user.

#2 Post by Myxtro » 18 Aug 2017 11:26

I have a steeringwheel but when I use my xbox controller, steering feels super unnatural and the game becomes somewhat unplayable. I'm not sure if this is the problem you were talking about, but scs should really adjust their controller support.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: New to ETS 2, steam user.

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Aug 2017 11:44

ETS2 is playable with the Xbox pads, i do it so myself if im to lazy to plug the wheel in

but i dont know for the steam controller, in my opinion they are a waste with hos touch sticks, if SCS even supports it to 100% like the Xbox Pads
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”