Buying Used Trucks from Other Players Through WoT

blakeyboy6

Buying Used Trucks from Other Players Through WoT

#1 Post by blakeyboy6 » 01 Sep 2017 14:48

Suggestion: The ability to buy and sell trucks through world of trucks that could be sold by players. The trucks would have the same accessories, mileage, etc. as they had with the previous owner.

Why it should be added: I think it should be added as it would be realistic and also it would be helpful for people with new profile for buying a truck at a cheaper price (price set by the player selling the truck).
FlyingPigeon

Re: Buying Used Trucks from Other Players Through WoT

#2 Post by FlyingPigeon » 13 Sep 2017 12:19

Brilliant idea, i support this, i hope one day SCS does too would be awsome interaction between players
Scandinavian truckdriver.
zrex01

#3 Post by zrex01 » 13 Sep 2017 14:07

I'll second that idea...
Carthoo

#4 Post by Carthoo » 19 Sep 2017 12:02

Idea as such is interesting, but... every game is complex system. Most of the interesting ideas cant be implemented in some easy ways, because everything affects something else.

Exclude that big amount of work, lets speak only about impacts of this, if beeing implemented only in the form you suggested. It would shorten game play for new players...a lot. Like 100-200 hours I would say. Imagine you are playing ETS2/ ATS for some years now, you have all the garages and drivers game allows you to have....and now 3 of your friends starts playing it too. Obviously you will help them - means you will buy and sell them all the trucks they want for minimal prices.

Therefore they will use bank loans to buy only garages (in short time, when bank gives you a loan for 500 000 euro, you can buy three garages and get 9 drivers, when you dont need to buy them trucks). Voila - you just skipped whole "beginner" phase of the game.

Sure, we can set some minimal price - but to not affect the game (and game play, and economy...) in too negative way, that minimal price will be still quite high, which would make lots of players unhappy (just my guess). Along with this, economy would need to be changed somehow, to counter effects of players getting trucks cheaper. So....either some truck prices shuffling (which might not be easy/ possible/ wanted) or add a whole new part of the economy - for example aging and wear and tear of trucks, forcing players to buy new trucks from time to time for themselves AND their drivers. Which would also need complete rework of economy ..., which again might not be easy/ possible or wanted for many reasons.

----

Now, we can take this tremendous amount of work for all needed changes around this idea, add it to that big amount of work on idea itself, which we excluded on the beginning and you see why its not so easy, and how much cons it brings.

Like im always saying - never say never. But this idea is really one of those more demanding.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
Smarty
Beta tester

#5 Post by Smarty » 19 Sep 2017 12:17

Also, consider the technical challenge of how to handle mods within such a system. Should players be able to exchange vehicles containing mod content? If so, how would SCS handle cases where the buying player doesn't have the same content as the seller? Afaik, the game has no way of telling which content belongs to which package after mounting. So do these checks happen server-side? (Plot spoiler: probably not, as I'd expect that to be resource-intensive)
FlyingPigeon

#6 Post by FlyingPigeon » 20 Sep 2017 17:32

besides all the rebuilding of economy, it would be up to the player if he wanted to "cheat" that way you descirbe, just like its a choice if someone wants to go down highway at 120, but i see why it gets more complicated than that as you say with economy and stuff.

Smarty, i would imagine only SCS vanilla trucks could be sold.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
bobgrey1997

#8 Post by bobgrey1997 » 31 Oct 2017 20:08

I have a sort of "extra" bit to this suggestion: custom skins!
With being able to sell your truck on an exchange (powered by WoTr), I think a cool feature that could be added is the ability to buy/sell player-made truck skins. This idea is inspired by that of Forza Horizon games. These skins can be bought with your in-game money, which is then sent to the player who posted it.

I do see an issue with this: profiles.
If you use your World of Trucks on multiple in-game profiles, how will it know which profile to send your profits to? It would also require an entire re-work of the whole World of Trucks system.
I do see things like this being possible, as if SCS ever wants to expand into the multiplayer scene, World of Trucks would be the gateway.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”