Too bright lights of player's truck

pkorpus

Too bright lights of player's truck

#1 Post by pkorpus » 29 Oct 2017 20:33

In my opinion dipped headlights and high beams of player's truck are too bright. Each other car in the game has got weaker lighting than my truck. The only one type of lights is realistic - running lights (1st level of lights). In real world, car's lights are not visible from the driver's position during the day. In the game, 2nd and 3rd level of lights are too visible from interior. Don't you think so?

Axel Slingerland
Global moderator

Re: Too bright lights of player's truck

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Oct 2017 02:08

I've been playing ETS2 for 4 years now and on this forum for a day or so longer, and you are the very first person I have ever seen complain about the truck lights being too bright. Usually it's the other way around. So my advice for you is don't buy any extra lights or don't use them, and drive in the day time.
You can call me Ax

LeafeonGold

#3 Post by LeafeonGold » 30 Oct 2017 02:23

The player's vehicles lights are correct. The main reason why AI vehicles headlights don't go far, and are angled down is because in the current game engine light sources go through objects instead of being blocked by them, so your truck cab will be lit up every time an ai passes you. This could be annoying (or dangerous if your epileptic).
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I5-4690K |//| XFX Radeon R9 280x 3GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

pkorpus

#4 Post by pkorpus » 30 Oct 2017 18:36

Axel Slingerland wrote:
30 Oct 2017 02:08
(...) So my advice for you is don't buy any extra lights or don't use them, and drive in the day time.
Yes, I'm trying to drive only during day time, but don't you really think that I'm right? Look - you are sitting in a real car. There's a sunny day. You turn on your headlights. And what's going on? Nothing - you can't see the flash of your headlights, until it's dark outside. Right?

I really love this game. I play it much shorter than you (ca. 1,5 year), but I appreciate it's potential as a simulator. Brightness and visibility of headlights is probably the only one thing I don't like. It's completely unrealistic.

El_Barto

#5 Post by El_Barto » 20 Nov 2017 20:09

It's true though.. In real life you don't see your low beams or high beams illuminating the road during the day.

Ingame, low beams and high beams are way too bright (during the day) as they illuminate everything even though it's a clear sunny day.
Lows and highs during the night are fine. The problem is during the day.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”