Halogen headlights fade-in/fade-out

Do you want more realistic halogen headlights with fade-in/fade-out effect?

Yes, it would look way better
100%
Yes, but only with an option to turn it on and off
No votes
No, I like the current look
No votes

Total votes: 2

TumiliuM

Halogen headlights fade-in/fade-out

#1 Post by TumiliuM » 20 Nov 2017 21:54

I would like to have a little more realistic headlights (not only headlights but every light on vehicles). And by more realistic, I mean the fade-in and fade-out effect that halogen lightbulbs tend to have when turned on or off. Currently, all vehicle lights in the game are like LED lights, where it turns on and off immediately without any fade-in or fade-out. It's a very small detail but I think it could make it look way more realistic, especially at night.

And to better understand what I'm talking about, here is a video I've found that shows it (only the beginning). On the right you can see halogen indicator lights, while on the left, you have LED indicator lights:
I would love when somone from SCS actually read this and threw it in one of the next meetings.
Thank you.
Last edited by TumiliuM on 27 Nov 2017 22:53, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

LeafeonGold

Re: Halogen headlights fade-in/fade-out

#2 Post by LeafeonGold » 21 Nov 2017 00:08

I agree, this would be cool. Something you could do with a fade in/out option on the headlights is if you have HID Projectors (which some of the stock trucks could support as an aftermarket option (i also believe the Actors MP4 has this as a factory option? Not sure...)) and have them fade in as they warm up, but still shut off immediately, as they do already currently.

Though with regular flares, you can at least have any light they cast on the ground fade in or out by adding this to their hookup definitions:

Code: Select all

state_change_duration: 0.1 ((or 0.2 if that's too fast))
And it sort of emulates that. The flare itself or the lightmask isnt affected by that change though, but it's half of the effect. I hope this will be looked into whenever SCS makes another change to the lighting system (probably reworking it so that light doesn't cut through objects).
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I5-4690K |//| XFX Radeon R9 280x 3GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

Spn91

#3 Post by Spn91 » 21 Nov 2017 01:37

I also agree with that idea.

Bandit & The Snowman

#4 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 23 Nov 2017 15:51

+1!

Add a poll :)

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”