Improved big Garage/Headquater (with Poll)

Increase the number of buyable trucks in big garage.

Yes, need that.
88%
No, not interested.
12%

Total votes: 98

Dukeone

Improved big Garage/Headquater (with Poll)

#1 Post by Dukeone » 15 Jan 2019 13:15

Hi fellow truckers and SCS staff,

one thing that really annoys me till the early days of ETS2/ATS is the fact that we only can have 5 trucks in the big garage. I've being involved in the trucking/Logistik branche for more than 20 years and i never saw a big company that is growing but stops at the number of 5 trucks and than moves to another city. That's totally unrealistic.

Now don't tell me that we have only 5 doors in our garage... :roll: . All companys i've saw have a big yard with a lot of parking space for the trucks/trailers and they never put all of them in a garage. But they have sometimes own repair stations tank stations and warehouses.
All of these things are in the game too and in the days of TO, where we can have as many trailers as we want, it's a need of increasing the number of trucks.

So what could b the best solution?
First: take the prefab of big garage, take the 3 door house from the Medium garage. The rest of the space make parking slots with the ability to sleep. Change the sleep Icon in the garage with the repair icon.

Second: make it possible to buy more trucks, like the trailer ones. Perhaps you could stop at a number of 20 or so.

This should b the easiest solution and this will match better with buying a higher number of trailers. I'm fine with the small and medium garage, but the big garage need an update of the number of buyable trucks.
For the future updates it would b a good feature when you could see your own trailers that are not in use or trucks from ai drivers that are back in homebase and perhaps some working guys. This will higher the immersion of an living company.

So lets see if this idea is good or bad.

Cheers Dukeone.
Last edited by Dukeone on 16 Jan 2019 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Dukeone

Re: Improved big Garage/Headquater

#3 Post by Dukeone » 15 Jan 2019 14:45

I hope the scs guys read it. I see no reason to buy 20 trailer for 5 trucks. 8-)

That should b a question for the next Q/A stream.
Dukeone

Re: Improved big Garage/Headquater (with Poll)

#4 Post by Dukeone » 16 Jan 2019 14:47

@ kevinn1995, I agree with the economy overhaul, that's one thing they have to do too.
But it makes no difference if you have 20 trucks in one city or 20 trucks in 4 citys. The overall number of drivers is limeted if i'm not wrong.
So this should b no problem.
schwedentrucker_09

#5 Post by schwedentrucker_09 » 29 Jan 2019 13:04

If you look at bigger RL - Logistics Companys like Duvenbeck for Example. Do they have only 5 Trucks at one Garage? No - 500! ;)
Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jan 2019 18:51

Well, if a company has 500 trucks on the garage, then it's almost sure the company is closed by bankruptcy. Lots of trucks stopped equals to lot of money lost. On a company that grows up to some point, garages and yards aren't big enough even to hold a little part of their fleet.
Jonathan Rabbitt

#7 Post by Jonathan Rabbitt » 02 Feb 2019 05:09

I agree that the HQ/garages need some improvement; particularly now trailer ownership is a thing. The trailers need to stay where they're put in-game until they're either used by AI or re-coupled to the players truck. There also needs to be the possibility of leaving trailers parked street-side, in lay-bys or rest areas. Having the clunky "use trailer" mechanism is very un-immersive. Just back up to the thing and then if anything, have a "are you taking this trailer to use?" dialog box in the Route Advisor.
Dukeone

#8 Post by Dukeone » 10 Feb 2019 15:49

Some examples, just to underline the truth of this wish.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This here is one customer of us that i see often. He has a yard for parking trucks, one gas station, a service station for repair trucks (3doors) and a small house for dispatch.
A good example for big company prefab.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Dukeone

#9 Post by Dukeone » 18 Feb 2019 18:36

Perhaps an example of an medium garage prefab.
This is a customer of us who has 8 trucks at this location.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
MG Mike

#10 Post by MG Mike » 22 Mar 2019 20:43

I highly agree with this...

I have in My own threat suggested to make the repair garages buy able. And maybe if the repair shop in your home city is yours the repairs would get cheaper..

Maybe make companies like transient or stokes buyable, then you can offer storage space for your customers..
Simply more possibilities to spend some money for your Company.

Eventually such things like you have also pay for taxes and insurance.
And make the economy harder that it is.. I have way too much money. And Anyway what I will invest, in very short time the income would be more than I invested.

Maybe let some random events occure. Like a storm damages your garage. Repair costs??
Or your driver has an accident. Truck damaged or destroyed.
Or a fire destroyes one of your garages.. Any trucks or trailers there when the flames rises up? Too bad.. All lost.. Again.. You have to repair or built a new garage and buy new trucks and trailers to replace the burned ones..
That would make it more interesting.. More things that could happen and you have to fight for your company. Not only drive and drive and get more and more money, no you would need to invest it for the survival of your company.and your employees..
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”