Wish it is possible to correct parking in city with trailer

Teppey71

Wish it is possible to correct parking in city with trailer

#1 Post by Teppey71 » 28 Apr 2019 06:39

Dear SCS-Team,

I think you will rebuild all old section of ETS2.

Since you have inserted the "own trailer" in the game, I think the parking options should be rethought. In the most time I drive with own trailer. but In most cities, there is a hotel or workshop for trucks as a place to stay, but they are designed so that you can park well with the truck alone. With the own trailer I would always have to park the truck in front of the parked truck, which is unrealistic in this case.

So, than is my wish, that you put bigger park places for trucks with own trailer in every city or outsite with near industrial terrain.

Greetings and all my wishes for your work.

Teppey71
Beta tester for ProMods
Some newbie driver

Re: Wish it is possible to correct parking in city with trailer

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 28 Apr 2019 11:32

You can part the whole truck + trailer inside the owned garages and rest there

The only you need is to park inside them in the opposite was as usual. So, entering from the door facing not to the road entrance or parking maneuvering in reverse.

This way the truck is over the place where the resting action is activated instead of over the place where is the activation of the company management.

About hotels and truck dealers, I think it's completely realistic the way they are just now. Hotels and garages don't use to pay for a lot of expensive urban terrain so truckers can't park whole trailers on them. In fact, IRL the usual is that the whole truck+trailer rest parked on the street and it enters the garage only at the moment to be fixed or the driver walks into the hotel. As the ETS2 game-play requires the truck to be over some specific place to do those actions, SCS has provided small parking to those buildings. But to put on them big yards so the whole combination could be parked would seem very unrealistic (just IMHO).

Regards

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”