Improve the stupid AI

Fetal_Icecream

Re: Improve the stupid AI

#11 Post by Fetal_Icecream » 13 Apr 2021 07:20

EuroTruckFan92 wrote: 07 Jul 2020 16:12 @Fetal_Icecream

all of what you said makes sense, but they constantly pull out in front of me... when I'm trying to go through.
in the real world, people don't know how to use roundabouts... so i would guess getting AI to do it right is a mission.

i lol hard every time the GPS tells me to stay right for taking the 3rd or 4th exit on a roundabout.
inside lane is for 3rd and 4th exits, outside for 1st and 2nd.

also in the real world, semi trailers (aka Heavy Combo) generally avoid roundabouts at all costs. feels for the local drivers who must.

if anyone is wondering why semi trailers avoid roundabouts, it isn't because trucks cant take them. its the "do not overtake turning vehicle" rule plastered on the back of the trailer.
that means give the truck all the room in the world while hes turning. straddling 2 lanes to make a tight turn is not uncommon, and something car/bike drivers don't seem to understand.
perhaps the AI didn't get that memo
plykkegaard

#12 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Apr 2021 07:37

Some newbie driver wrote: 20 Apr 2020 10:18 AI will never cross in front of you on a 2-lane roundabout
Right, you must be driving in a different game then :D
If you are a bit quick at it just drive through the illegal way, the AI is painfully slow in roundabouts

AI is not bad I just consider them as annoying buzzing insects and treat them accordingly
Worst situtation is a combination of articulated trailers or having three trailers attached in very sharp curves this is bound to cause conflicts and havoc

Roundabouts: Rules of engagement
https://n332.es/exiting-roundabouts/

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Aedan Lugos

#13 Post by Aedan Lugos » 07 Jun 2021 09:05

The largest issue with the AI traffic that i can see at the moment is this. They have absolutely no idea how to merge correctly. It would be nice if the AI would move into the completely empty left lane on a motorway when there are vehicles trying to merge into traffic. There are times when that is not possible, but I am tired of getting fined for having an AI vehicle run into the side of my trailer because they cant merge correctly.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”