Make ETS2 & ATS Dedicated Server Ready

Make ETS2 & ATS Dedicated Server Ready?!

YES!
84%
No!
16%

Total votes: 32

Angel_Arrow

Re: Make ETS2 & ATS Dedicated Server Ready

#11 Post by Angel_Arrow » 08 Jun 2020 08:48

If you can point me to those posts, I'll be happy to read them and interact. Unfortunately, I did search the forum for similar topics and couldn't find any. That is the whole reason why I made this post. Probably I didn't use the right keywords to search for those topics since you're stating there are already posts about the same topic. So again ... point me in the right direction, please.

DubbelDraaiDeur

#12 Post by DubbelDraaiDeur » 08 Jun 2020 09:01

If I'm being totaly honnest, it is really not that hard to search for it.
I search "multiplayer" in "feature wishlist and suggestions" and I came up with 24 pages, with on the first 10 pages already at least 5 different topics with the word multiplayer in the title of the topic.
And I bet in subforum "general discussion" theres even more topics.
Drives anything with wheels, and you know... some things without wheels

[WIP] Doll Vario 1axle (1.38 & Ownable Update)

Angel_Arrow

#13 Post by Angel_Arrow » 12 Jun 2020 16:46

Aha ... that is where it goes wrong. I don't look on multiplayer because I'm not talking about a multiplayer ran by SCS Software. I probably should have thought of that. I'll check for other threads but I'm definitely not asking for a multiplayer platform ran by SCS Software. I'm talking about the exact same system as Farming Simulator. But again ... I'll check those other threads.

I'm just still massively surprised that SCS Software didn't think of this sooner. You would think that they had time enough to come up with something like that. I'm playing ETS2 since 2014 and I never heard something even come close to what I'm suggesting. Like I stated in my opening post, they would have a tremendous amount of pros doing it like FS instead of coming up with their own MP platform. Or at least that's my personal opinion about it.

Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Jun 2020 16:59

Well, people talk about it as a multiplayer (because, at the end, it's what it is). Then, there's different forms to deliver that multi-player experience. One is being hosted by SCS, another is the one you mention; and then there's slight variations of those two.

Regards

gopher412

#15 Post by gopher412 » 20 Sep 2020 05:48

I always dreamed for something like this to happen since the day I started playing ScaniaTS. Having watched tons of videos about 'Idiots on ets2mp' made me hate the fact that only 1 group of people hold something like a monopoly on this. I hope this post gets spread even more and taken in consideration by scs.
Last edited by gopher412 on 20 Sep 2020 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”