more cargo variety

Space_Night

more cargo variety

#1 Post by Space_Night » 31 May 2020 18:22

Good evening.

Recently I notioced a new mod that came on the scene that introduces new cargoes, such as "BOX CONTAINER", now I tried, (and failed) to make it so the generic containers have more loads, such as grease, even a digger!!! however it got to the point where i managed to corrupt a profile so badly it had to be deleted as even with the mod removed from that profile i was not getting ANY job, no quick jobs, no freight market, no cargo market, not even external jobs so something I did, i did really badly, so alhough it can be done as Arnook prooved such, it is however beyond my ability because I dont know how the relationship between the sii folders and the game def files work, however seeing Arnook's mod has got me thinking and thats how I ended up here.

have perhaps "Box container" made an official cargo, maybe even things like "box container class 7" become a cargo, with all the relevant UN number and signs, for example Uranium hexafluride UN 2977 going to any of the nuclear power stations in the France DLC, after all "go nuclear" is a steam World of trucks achievement, other cargoes in the class may be low grade nuclear waste - kept in standard containers, (rather than the fuel tank ones that the potassium comes in) going from the nuclear plants to ports.

Other cargoes could be what we already have, just put into a sea container, even a dissassembled digger1000, and yes it has been done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgVbMhUIkN8,
other things that could go in: ALL DRY VAN cargoes and ALL CURTAINSIDE trailer cargoes, including Lumber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Niqv_SnbTI

Added to this, have HAZMAT slots added to all trailers as currently we just get the stickers added , the idea is no placcard holder = no hazmat loads and you dont unlock the placcard holder until you have put at least 1 skill into hazmat.

I would also like to see it where we can actually buy a container, after all SCS did just that with their mobile sim rig, mounting it inside a container that sits on a schwarzmuller trailer, and make the container skinable, featuring paints schemes like Sade, Sunrise, beyond borders etc, and even company logos like tree-et, e-acres, sellgoods etc. (perhaps have those added to other ownable trailers too

The reason I am asking, is that despite my efforts and guidance from one of the more experienced modders, what I am trying to do is not possible at player level so needs to be done at SCS Softwares level due to how game files interact with each other.

Janusz666

Re: more cargo variety

#2 Post by Janusz666 » 04 Jun 2020 11:20

Yes need more cargo variety.

Space_Night

#3 Post by Space_Night » 04 Jun 2020 14:08

As someone who in ATS drives Reefers, we get a wide wange of loads, from furniture to fish. almonds to air mail, it can go in the reefer and I have found on ETS2 that if I try to make loads cross compatible ie pre cast stairs (a curtain side load) to go in a container, it does not work - i actually broke the job market trying this out, so i suspect it has to be done at developer level as there is hidden code that we can not get to in the .sii files so when we re-name the .sii file there becomes a missmatch and so the cargo lists gets corrupted and thus breaks the job market.

Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Jun 2020 19:44

There's no hidden code, there's lot of people making lots of mods adding cargoes to other trailers or completely new ones. Game code will just depict whatever it's correctly defined in the description files. I suggest you to ask for advise in the mods section about how to do it right.

Regards

Space_Night

#5 Post by Space_Night » 04 Jun 2020 23:45

well something was amis when i tried it to make a new cargo. such as "engines" by editing and renaming an existing .sii file- doesnt show in the job market or freight market. which made me think that to be the case.

Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Jun 2020 10:13

Probably it's something more tricky than to make an engine definition because it concerns more different links with other components of the game. But it's perfectly doable; as I said, tons of mods doing that are a clear proof.

That doesn't change, of course, that It's always good to see more cargo variety being added to the game. But so far, SCS keeps doing that with DLC (either specific or the new cargoes related to each map DLC). I can understand that approach, after all it's something that requires them to do some work (specially on open trailers); so this way it's funded and at the same time it's another reason for people to buy the DLCs if they want more variety in the game. If not, the base game is completely playable with the base cargoes as it is now.

Regards

Space_Night

#7 Post by Space_Night » 07 Jun 2020 01:38

well Arnook made a cargo called "box container" however i have managed to add some cargoes after XxCarl1992xX pointed me in the right direction, now I have things like "backhoe loader" and "front end loader" (digger 500, Digger 1000) as container cargoes, loaded for export. Now I just need to at some stage go into the company files and add them in the in and out section.
as you can see - frame steer loader - in a container

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”