Car transporters update

Do you find rework necessary for car transporters in the game?

Yes
89%
I do not know, maybe
No votes
No
11%

Total votes: 9

Taburetka_

Car transporters update

#1 Post by Taburetka_ » 10 Jul 2020 09:50

With the publication of information about the integration of the automotive industry in Iberia DLC, I had the idea of ​​processing cargoes for car carriers.

I suggest for SCS to review some aspects for car carriers:

1. Adding cars in covers (applies to those cars that are included in the premium segment as part of the game).
It’s not a secret to anyone that each manufacturer has a different approach to the issue of transporting their products. If the car is not particularly expensive, then the car can be transported without special protection, while the premium segment cars are transported in special covers to prevent damage to the paintwork and other exterior elements.

In the ATS, there is currently an object in the form of a truck covered with a cover, that is, in principle, a similar implementation of cars in the game is already present. Again, this reduces the load on the player’s computer.

2. Randomization of truck loading.
I agree, it’s not such a simple feature in terms of implementation, but I’ll try to explain. In our game, there are not so many AI cars, and all of them can be divided into dimensional groups (small car, ordinary car, crossover, and so on). There may be an algorithm in the game that, depending on the load selected by the player in the cargo manager, selects the position of the car carrier frame (somewhere the frame is higher, somewhere lower, it also depends on the mass of the cargo in the manager) and then randomly (both the model and its color ) fills the trailer with cars.

There is two different loads for one type of trailer.
I think 5-7 types of load is enough. This will significantly expand the simulation of work on an auto transporter as part of the game. In the future, it will be possible to simply add a new car that appeared in the traffic to the overall group and it will automatically be pulled into loads for an car transporter. Due to the abundance of AI models of cars, this type of transportation can be made the most interesting and varied in the game!

3. Transportation of special vehicles. The game has emergency vehicles, and 2 of these types we can transport on car transporters - police cars and ambulances. Why not? The same car models that already exist (though with the auto transporter for the van it will be necessary to work, since it currently has only one load). But here it is necessary to take into account the correspondence of the recipient country and the accessories of the cars, so as not to deliver German police cars to Portugal.

4. Transportation of premium cars in closed trailers.
Technically, this is the same mechanics as for curtain trailers, refrigerators, and so on, only the cargo “Premium cars” in various mass variations is registered for the trailer (for example, 3-4 mass variants).
From a practical point of view, we will get an additional field of activity within the game itself simply by mixing the mechanics of a conventional trailer and the field of car transporters, all the more so soon we can see the Krone Profi Liner Plus, which has the same form factor as similar closed car transporters.

And you don’t have to worry about what kind of car you are transporting, because it is hidden in the trailer.

5. Freight car transporters. It’s more complicated here. We do not have many unique models of trucks in traffic, however, for a freight truck, we only have 2 goods available (technically, again, we do not take color into account). In this case, you can make the trailer load randomly with models from traffic with a random color choice (based on the colors of these trucks in the traffic), for example, or (it will be really cool) make a number of typical configurations of tractors that are most often sold, even if it’s only tractors from the latest model range.

6. Random events with auto transporters. Anything can happen on the road, so I’ll just leave a few events that can appear in the game. Naturally, according to all the rules of the SCS for the generation of random events, only a cargo / trailer that is not tied to a license will burn.

It is also possible that, for example, one of the cars simply unhooks from the car transporter and falls onto the road (you can block the lane or interchange)

7. Truck transport from dealers to dealers. As an example: a typical Volvo truck from a dealer in Turku must be delivered to a dealer in Wroclaw (simple and cool).

8. And now the most delicious part - trailers.

It would be nice (albeit very unlikely) to get trailers of this kind:

A very cool addition would be getting a car/premium car/van/truck transporter in the property.

But this is more of a dream than an essential offer, because it is not a semi-trailer

Short video about car transporters:
Long video about car transporters:
Best regards!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”