[POLL] Make online job search-area expandable, even when jobs exist in closest area

Is this a good idea?

Yes, abass always has splendid ideas
87%
No, everything in this game is just perfect
7%
Wha? Cargo? I'm just racing around and doesn't care of anything real
7%

Total votes: 15

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

[POLL] Make online job search-area expandable, even when jobs exist in closest area

#1 Post by abasstreppas » 24 Aug 2020 21:53

Well, sometimes when using own trailer, especially non box/tarp trailers, cargoes could be rare in some places. Like if the base search area finds only one or two different loads and you doesn't like the destinations, or cargoes. It would be nice to be able to expand that search area manually, the same way the game does automatically if there isn't any loads in the base area.

You can always work around that problem today by just take the existing jobs and then abandon them, until they are gone and the game automatically expands the search area. But that doesn't seems fair :lol:

coolusername

Re: [POLL] Make online job search-area expandable, even when jobs exist in closest area

#2 Post by coolusername » 25 Aug 2020 15:14

I voted for option #3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

No seriously, good idea!
I want to see online jobs from Aberdeen while being in Istanbul. We have this in the normal jobmarket, why not in the online market?
I would also like to see more jobs from one city, especially when you have promods and you are at the end of the World (Iceland, Svalbard etc), and you have job length on short, you still get jobs which are quite long across europe, since the game can't handle those areas i guess?
Iceland <-> UK <-> MiddleEurope <-> Scandinavia <-> Svalbard - POLAR EXPRESS
My Flickr
My WOT
Trucking Pics Europe
Trucking Pics America
Sorry for my bad england :?

plykkegaard

Re: [POLL] Make online job search-area expandable, even when jobs exist in closest area

#3 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Aug 2020 16:09

Thumbs up and much needed
Sorry, out of office

The Old Fart

#4 Post by The Old Fart » 25 Aug 2020 16:36

abasstreppas, I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here. Ok, let's say I arrive and deliver in a city and there is no outbound load for my owned tanker trailer in that city, then, If I understand what you're saying, you want the game to show where the next nearest available loads for my trailer are? Is that right? Why not just click on the nearest discovered city and check for available loads? Is the question you raise due to 'undiscovered" cities not showing information on loads?

I agree with the basic issue - I've sometimes found myself 'sol' after delivering somewhere and there is no return load, which makes me slap myself upside the head and wonder why I did not check load availability at the destination city before i took the job to there in the first place. D'ohh.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!

plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Aug 2020 16:48

External cargo is only in current city
If select another city nothing shows
Sorry, out of office

The Old Fart

#6 Post by The Old Fart » 25 Aug 2020 16:52

Ah, ok, I did not realize this discussion was about the 'external'' cargo market!
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!

plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Aug 2020 17:02

Online / external 😊
Sorry, out of office

xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Aug 2020 17:21

to add to the idea, would be really great if WoTr would generate a cargo list depending on trailers, so each trailer type gets a job list of at least 10 jobs and not one general job list for all trailer where box trailer take 99% of the cargos, more then once i was frustrated when i changed trailers that i got no job whats o ever or only 2 or 3 jobs that send my all the way across Europe

give some love to Container Chassis, Tankers and Flatbeds
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

xeviax

#9 Post by xeviax » 25 Aug 2020 17:24

I faced the same problem as carl1992. So I agree with the idea.

plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Aug 2020 17:41

Weird I have mostly used the 6 bolster trailer
In this case only logs, planks or pipes are available in external cargo
Sorry, out of office

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”