New Scania 770 hp engine

Some newbie driver

Re: New Scania 770 hp engine

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Oct 2020 07:10

580HP/3000Nm is enough to pull an special transport with 71t of cargo [s]at the cruise speed of an special transport with that cargo[/s] (that will be pretty low).

Try to pull an HCT with 45t of logs (so, a truck around 65t in total) with that same engine and tell me what [s]AVERAGE cruise speed[/s] you achieve. IRL those trucks, to be profitable, they need to haul at the same cruise speeds than a regular truck, but they weight a lot more. That's one of the reasons higher HP engines exist; and one of the ways to make them useful in the game.

Regards
SirVirgoTheMess

#12 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 19 Oct 2020 13:38

I've commented based on what i've been doing recently or some time ago.Now,if you think my truck configuration isn't right or enough,fine.But that's based on what you and other forum users are doing in their games ;)
I've said enough on this topic,but if you wish to continue,fine.I don't have green name(moderator)status in here.
Some newbie driver

#13 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Oct 2020 13:57

And I'm speaking about the game too. 45t is the in game weight of a logs load on an HCT (for a total truck weight over 65t). If you try to haul that with "only" 580HP (even if that engine could deliver 10.000 Nm) you will not reach the cruise speeds of a regular trailer; that it's what its expected in reality and what is depicted in the game. The Nm focus is right when people is asking about special transports, because those hauls travel at low speeds thus they don't need high HP values, they need Nm values enough to keep moving the load.

But in the game there are also not-so-big loads but quite over the usual 40t max for the whole combo and that are expected to be hauled way faster than an special transport. And when you need high cruise speed you need HP; the HP value will give you the max sustained speed you could achieve with a given load and on a given route elevation profile. And those requirements of HP increase exponentially with the speed (the 33% extra speed from the 60km/h limit of special transports to the 80km/h of a double or HCT require a lot more than an extra 33% HP); so even if the load is higher on an special transport, the HP requirements due speed grow faster and overcome the lighter weight beneffit. 580HP will not give you sustained cruise speeds of 80km/h with a truck combo over 65t; it doesn't matter it allows you to haul way bigger loads with the same truck on an special transport

Of course, that lack of cruise speed would be irrelevant if, for example, you play WoTr contracts that give you plenty of time to complete them. If you play regular contracts, take important or urgent deliveries on heavy loads and try to do it with 580HP, you will probably arrive late.

Those are some of the reasons IRL there exists those high HP engines. And as game depicts reality as far as SCS can, the engines are in the game and those are the use cases where they could be useful (and more cases for those who wanna use mods). You asked "what would it be useful for?" and that's the answer.

Regards
SirVirgoTheMess

#14 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 20 Oct 2020 00:14

You seem to know better than me about real life HP and torque.But ingame,only the torque matters.Ingame HP is just a display number.
Ingame,you could have a 450 hp and a 750 hp.If you put the same amount of torque in both engines,it will make no difference...unlike in real life.
That was even explained by iirc Max somewhere on the forum,that ingame only torque matters.
Boy

#15 Post by Boy » 26 Oct 2020 17:10

will scs have the license for this type of engine and gearbox. 🤔
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Some newbie driver

#16 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Oct 2020 18:19

@Virgo91 if you mention the same message from Max that I remember to have read, what he said is that an HP curve values isn't needed on the engine definitions (somebody was requesting it) because HP can be calculated from torque and RPM value (and vice versa) using a simple mathematic formula. That doesn't mean they are not using each value for the physics calculations where they have a reason to exist.

As an example on an extreme situation, you can have a high HP value but if it's obtained at very high rotational speeds, then the torque is very low. That's what happens on a motorbike or a light motor boat engines. So, they can achieve very high speeds but can't pull heavy loads. On the other side, truck engines have a relatively low HP compared to their torque value, due the lower rpm values of their working range, that allow them to haul heavy loads (the torque allow them to overcome the resistance to movement of that high mass). But once in movement, the max speed the truck will be able to achieve is limited only by the HP (more or less torque will not change the speed, only the acceleration, how fast the truck will reach that max speed).

Scania and Volvo compete on doing those high-HP engines not only because they want to haul more cargo on special transports; but because they also aim at a market of regular trucks that drive at regular speeds but that are way heavier than normal trucks. In another thread somebody talked about 90t HCT combinations are being tested to be allowed on certain roads in Sweden. That's a 225% of what a regular European truck weights. Without way higher HP engines, those truck combinations could exist, but their performance in the road would not make them profitable because they would be too slow.

Regards
Soilingcomic

#17 Post by Soilingcomic » 29 Oct 2020 07:51

There's a competition going between Volvo and Scania for the strongest engine too. Volvo will most likely bring out a 800 hp variant next.
lazzer93

#18 Post by lazzer93 » 29 Oct 2020 10:52

First 770S delivered in France with beautiful special skin 😍

if anyone can make this skin (or know someone) or please SCS add this skin to Scania Tuning Pack with gold badges
trucker091

#19 Post by trucker091 » 25 Nov 2020 15:18

SCS Software please do it in next game update. Get from Scania company required licenses and add to game DC13 540 hp I6 engine and DC16 530 hp V8, 590 hp V8, 660 hp V8 and 770 hp V8 engines to the game. Also add opticruise g33cm gearbox and add this gearbox as only possible gearbox to 540 hp I6, 530 hp V8, 590 hp V8 and to 660 hp V8 engines, and do adding this gearbox to other engines than to 530, 540, 590 and 660 hp engines impossible.
Last edited by trucker091 on 01 Dec 2020 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
CarTMatt

#20 Post by CarTMatt » 26 Nov 2020 00:22

Well, for one thing, we're also missing the 540hp DC13 Euro 6 Engine. The new V8s could make a difference in special transport, not so much if you're doing normal cargo (you'll just be ending up as a trucker who speeds around since you got too much power haha). I drive all of the new V8s as a mod in my main profile and they are a riot to drive! No feeling of it being underpowered (obviously xd) and the transmissions are a breeze to shift. For Volvo, maybe they could go 780-810hp with their facelifted FH16, we'll see where does this Scania vs Volvo in Horsepower go to. :)
I love modern trucks and some old ones too.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz-4.2Ghz
Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming
RAM: 16 GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL18 PNY XLR8
Graphics Card: Asus TUF GTX 1660 Super OC Edition
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650 80+ Gold

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”