I wish

Egor200084

I wish

#1 Post by Egor200084 » 11 Jan 2021 19:08

I wish that in the future there would be interaction with the driver in the game, that he could go out to fill up the car, drink coffee, that there would be not only emulation of fatigue but also hunger, or when the driver wants to sleep, stop for coffee and that he would not want to sleep for 2-3 hours. Finally make an animated partner, let him at least do something in the next seat, some not big phrases, read a book there that would be, and then bored alone. Over in GTA 4 there carry people and cars communicate with them, I'm not saying that you need to do the car crash in GTA ,but still, make the tire wear that they would have to change not only to fill petrol but also to change the oil, I got the truck it was possible to stain and wash, I have so many ideas planted what would become the game candy, free of charge, and everything is already there in other games, take and adapt for ETS2 .
Deimenried

Re: I wish

#2 Post by Deimenried » 14 Jan 2021 13:23

It's my understanding that the fatigue simulation is more of an indicator that you are reaching the end of the cap on working hours you are permitted to perform per day (though it seems to be combined into 'duty' rather than just the driving element), so the coffee idea might not necessarily work.

Some more in-depth maintenance I agree with. It feels odd that you are essentially changing tyres after every trip. Managing tyre replacement, oil, adblue would be good if done well. Washing and hoovering the pastry crumbs from the upholstery might not happen though lol

I must say, though, that truck driving has a reputation as a lonely job. One thing this game simulates well!
Egor200084

Re: I wish

#3 Post by Egor200084 » 15 Jan 2021 17:01

Deimenried wrote: 14 Jan 2021 13:23 It's my understanding that the fatigue simulation is more of an indicator that you are reaching the end of the cap on working hours you are permitted to perform per day (though it seems to be combined into 'duty' rather than just the driving element), so the coffee idea might not necessarily work.

Some more in-depth maintenance I agree with. It feels odd that you are essentially changing tyres after every trip. Managing tyre replacement, oil, adblue would be good if done well. Washing and hoovering the pastry crumbs from the upholstery might not happen though lol

I must say, though, that truck driving has a reputation as a lonely job. One thing this game simulates well!
Why won't the idea of coffee or hunger work? There are also animations in the game when you cling to an oversized cargo, why not make an animation there the driver came out at the gas station to fill up the truck, to drink coffee or to eat? On the road, the car gets dirty on what would not do that would be possible to stop by the car wash ? Yes, as you said, the game is about driving and it does not cope with this badly , but the keyword imitates, and should immerse you in the world of a trucker, a trucker at the wheel not only drives, but also refuels a car, eats and so on, and not only drives a truck. The game should not imitate, it should immerse you in the world of transportation. Here in some places it succeeds , this is when you transport a non-dimensional cargo

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”