Better antialiasing

Navsky

Better antialiasing

#1 Post by Navsky » 18 Feb 2021 11:56

In my opinion SCS should work on anti aliasing system or other things that makes the lines sharpened and pixelized. The game is getting better day by day but still even highest perfomance PCs can't play with smooth shadows and more.
SCSI

Re: Better antialiasing

#2 Post by SCSI » 28 Mar 2021 07:11

+++
Octavian101

#3 Post by Octavian101 » 29 Mar 2021 08:42

I have complained about this for literally years at this point but every time I bring this to the attention it looks like the entire SCS company is turning their backs and https://postimg.cc/0b23Qg5g
CJoke

#4 Post by CJoke » 27 Apr 2021 15:22

IMHO

AntiAliasing is the MayorProblem of ETS2 and ATS

the best solution/workarround I found is this:
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1000
but its still not perfect, there is still some flickering in the distance and its not possible to scale over 100% which makes traffic signs blury in the distance. It also need massive resources from your GPU. And its kind of complicated to get this to work. But it looks way better and smoother with scale 100% + antialiasing than with scale 400% and that buildIn smaaUltra-crap.

We realy need a propper scale 400% AntiAliasing solution which includes shadows!

After all that 9 Years of ETS2 AntiAliasing should be top most mandatory on the list.
skyy-v8

#5 Post by skyy-v8 » 27 Apr 2021 15:35

Yes you’re absolutely right
FormelLMS

#6 Post by FormelLMS » 02 May 2021 06:06

Yup, only Nvidia Inspector does help here (users with Nvidia hardware)
johnny_91

#7 Post by johnny_91 » 03 May 2021 17:51

They absolutely dont care about, also on the trailer hook height thing, wich is present since 1.35. Instead of this we are getting silly features like viewpoints and photomode adjustments. My comment on their blog of aa and trailer hook heights got deleted.

Gonna turn my back on ETS2 and SCS for now on. Getting tired of them after playing the game since release and not getting heard.

Byebye.
iberks

#8 Post by iberks » 12 May 2021 22:15

CJoke wrote: 27 Apr 2021 15:22 IMHO

AntiAliasing is the MayorProblem of ETS2 and ATS

the best solution/workarround I found is this:
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1000
but its still not perfect, there is still some flickering in the distance and its not possible to scale over 100% which makes traffic signs blury in the distance. It also need massive resources from your GPU. And its kind of complicated to get this to work. But it looks way better and smoother with scale 100% + antialiasing than with scale 400% and that buildIn smaaUltra-crap.

We realy need a propper scale 400% AntiAliasing solution which includes shadows!

After all that 9 Years of ETS2 AntiAliasing should be top most mandatory on the list.
Unfortunately this solution became a FPS killer since 1.40 at nights for GPU owners lower than GTX1660ti or equal models. Even though this solution works almost perfectly as you mentioned above, external solutions are not proper and permanent solutions unfortunately. SCS should consider bringing in a new AA system as game is currently an eye killer even on %400 scalling for 1080p players. SCS should hear us!
Brian Benton

#9 Post by Brian Benton » 28 May 2021 18:52

It's funny. As time goes on, new graphics and gameplay improvements are introduced into the game, but one thing remains unchanged. These are stairs. SCS, what are you doing? I only play ETS 2 from time to time, but you are forcing me just for the sake of this game to throw my favorite IPS 1080p monitor out the window, buy an expensive 4k monitor in exchange to minimize the stairs. Because the 400% scale at 1080p does not eliminate flicker despite the huge drop in fps. Oh yes. You also need to buy a graphics card of the RTX 2070 level for stable 60 fps. Madness. Taking into account the scarcity of video cards on the market and the huge prices, the current situation is getting worse every day ... Every time I start the game, I feel bad from the flickering of the pillars. Fingers crossed, I pray that SCS will introduce a high-quality and at the same time very light anti-aliasing method into the game as soon as possible instead of the outdated and very resource-intensive SSAA (scaling) technology. But time passes, but nothing changes in this direction, unfortunately. And there are "smart" people who say that the use of DSR to the maximum extent in combination with a 400% game scale and a top-end expensive video card for this game is a solution to the problem and a completely normal phenomenon :D ... Let's hope that SCS will be able to solve all technical problems on the way along implementation of a high-quality anti-aliasing method, they will save us from stairs and significantly increase fps compared to high zoom values, and we will be able to run the game on our old GTX 1060 and enjoy a soft picture, transparent vegetation without blots and stable 60 fps.
SirVirgoTheMess

#10 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 28 May 2021 18:59

The funniest part,is that when SCS changed the anti-aliasing from MLAA to SMAA,they said they've improved the anti-aliasing.I don't see any difference,except that's there is settings ranging from off to ultra(which doesn't make a huge difference anyway,except of course between off and any setting).I bet i'm not the only one to not see any difference between MLAA and SMAA.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”