Add widescreen support

FormelLMS

Re: Add widescreen support

#11 Post by FormelLMS » 26 Feb 2021 05:13

@natvander is that something you can fix please
Paulebaer1979

#12 Post by Paulebaer1979 » 26 Feb 2021 09:52

Perhaps it would be possible to use the fov-slider in widescreenmodus as slider for the place for the windshield? I mean to definate 3 "spaces" for rendering and make the middle one adjustable with the slider. The other 2 on the sides just would render view to left and right with angels according to slider setting.
FormelLMS

#13 Post by FormelLMS » 07 Mar 2021 08:17

Seems, that noone from scs is interested in such things.

Where is the right way to contact them? It's really hard to believe that they don't want to have the game running correctly on the 32:9 Monitors.
It's not like I am the only one with such a Monitor.
FormelLMS

#14 Post by FormelLMS » 02 May 2021 06:10

Asked yesterday the same to "The Bus" developers on their discord and the will (if everything runs good) add it to their beta next week.
Here is no contact to the developers, I think.

Is there another way to contact them?
Some newbie driver

#15 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 May 2021 22:27

No, there is no way to contact them. Devs work is not to answer every one of our demands and that's why you can't contact them personally. Of course you can send them private message on the forum, but I can imagine they had to ignore most of them due the sheer volume (and probably, in most cases too, due the futility of the reasons behind the message).

Ones or others, they read overall all the relevant things we say in official channels (the forum, the blog...) and they could take notes to bring them to their internal work meetings. There they will decide what they can do, what they want to do and in what order will it be done if ever.

From time to time, they decide to talk by here (like Natvander did at the start of this topic) to clarify some things, help with hints or even ask for more details on request to be considered.

That's all you will see by here and that's already a lot more than usual. They aren't going to give none of us priority in our demands no matter the channel we use to bring to them or because how much we insist. And they don't give estimation of when something will be done because they had learn the nasty way how ungrateful some people could end being. If they decide to change how they support ultra-wide monitors, probably we will know about it it when they release that change, not before.

Regards
FormelLMS

#16 Post by FormelLMS » 03 May 2021 05:04

Yeah, really hate those progression these days. But okay, ETS is much bigger than The Bus now is, so those devs probably have more time for the single user like me here. Could be, that it's due to the fact that it's in an early access, too.

So leaning back and hoping,that we see the widescreen support some time, knowing that there's nothing I can do.
Some newbie driver

#17 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 May 2021 11:35

At the end, simplifying a lot, the way they manage (multiple) displays is tied to the way their render works. And they had been touching those parts of the code a lot the last years (DX11 replacing DX9, SSAO and new lighting system as most visible changes). But they also still have a lot more changes to do (anti-aliasing system, complete the lighting system, PBR, full HDR support...). At some moment in all those changes, there's the possibility they change how to handle multi-display setups.

Regards
FormelLMS

#18 Post by FormelLMS » 04 May 2021 18:58

If they even know.
I don't know if I want to start praying for it
Some newbie driver

#19 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 May 2021 19:48

If they even know that wide displays have problems? They are the devs of the game; they are more aware of any of its limitations than all of us together.
FormelLMS

#20 Post by FormelLMS » 06 May 2021 09:17

If they know, it's not that hard to fix.
Saw a few sim racing titles with updates in the last year addressing this thing.

Ok, what I don't know is, how this own engine would handle this.

So a statement would be very nice. I have to say that, since I have noticed this, I don't play this games with much less fun than before.
Once seen cannot be undone 🙂

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”